TN Visa (Calgary) - Sweet grass border or YYC

reddy9999

I'll be going soon to get my TN in Calgary
1. I want to get my TN first and come back to calagry same day , travel to US after few weeks as I can work from home from calgary ( Reason -sell my house in calgary after getting my TN ) is this possible ?

2.Best chances to get TN from YYC airport or Sweet grass Border based on my situation.

Your experience and suggestions are really appreciated.

You can only get TN at YYC if flying to US at that time. Since that doesn;t seem to be your case, a border TN would be in order.

You will need to check before going if you need a COVID test before returning to Canada (yes,, even if just crossing for TN, you might need one).

However, remember that you do not need a TN to work in Canada. And border could refuse to grant TN of you are not going to immediately work in US.

Thanks Nelsona.
one more question- is it possible to cross the border by drive to get my immigration done and drive back to calagary in 1 or 2 day to sort things in calgary and go back for good?

Yes it possible to do what you say. But whether the CBP grant the TN is another story, since you are not "going" to your US work site. You would need to check with CBP before going. So now you need to make 2 calls. One to CBP to know if they will process your paperwork given your specific circumstance, and one the CBSA to know if you will need a test when re-entering Canada if you merely "flagpoled" into US for a few minutes to see CBP.