TN Status Renewal

arun2681

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My TN visa expires on Feb 22, 2008. I had sent my application package (I-129 + other documents) to the Nebraska Service Centre for premium processing on Feb 8, 2008.
I now understand that it should have been sent to the Vermont premium processing center. Assuming that the Nebraska center redirects the package to the Vermont Center, what would be the “date application received” according to USCIS?

1)the date when the Nebraska center received the package
or
2)the Vermont center received the package redirected by Nebraska.

I have got a postal receipt from Fedex showing proof of delivery to the Nebraska Center.

Thanks for your help,

If they redirect them, then your receipt dat is clearly 02/08/08.

If they do not accept them, you should know soon enough, since you filed premium processing, that you will be able to go to the border.

Just so that others don't make this same mistake, could you tell us where you went wrong? How were you able to determine, 3 days late, that you were supposed to send to VSC, that you could not discern last week? Where did you pull the nebraska address from?

Hi Nelsona,
I bought a TN Visa toolkit in 2006 which stated all applications have to be sent to the Nebraska Service Center. However, the USCIS website states that all premium processing applications with I-129 should go to the Vermont Service Center. The mistake I made was following the TN visa toolkit (which is an excellent resource but obviously had outdated information regarding addresses), rather than looking up the address in the website before sending my application.
Cheers,

Did you send the correct version of I-129. If not, this will probably be rejected.

THere is a date on the bottom of each I-129, and on the uSCIS weebsite, which must be respected.

1. I have sent the latest version of I-129.

2. I made enquiries with Nebraska Service Center but so far they have no record of my application package although I have FedEx proof of delivery. My checks are also not banked.

3. In case Nebraska Service Center misplaces the package and my TN visa expires, what should I do?

4. If Canadian citizen leaves the US after expiry of I-94 will there be any problem at the point of exit, and will there be any problem while re-entering the US with new TN visa?

Hi
I'm willing to do E-FILE to do my TN extension for the 3rd time. (1st got at POE, 2nd got from petition by lawyer) I want to do it myself.
I know from the 2nd-extension (i copied down all documents that lawyer wanted me bring to my employer to sign), are those documents ONLY to do E-file OR there is any other documents hidden from lawyer that we will not know about.
I know documents should be I-129+petition letter, anything else?
2] Filing fee: is 139USD? or extra?
Those are I gave when I did my 2nd extension through lawyer.
I really need someone can help me STEP by STEP. If you are willing to help please talk with me by SKYPE, my address is rickylala2001.
Thanks in advance.
Karie