TN renewal by mail?

mel0526

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I will like to know if I send the paper to renew my TN visa by mail (maybe e-file) this week. Do I have a chance that I will receive it back before my trip I plan to do the first week of June in Canada? Or if I'm better to plan a trip at the closest border before my TN expire at the end of April? :confused:
Do at the airport in the US (PDX in my case) they do that or I really have to go outside the US?

Thanks,
Melanie

You must leave US to get a TN other than by mail. Unless you were planning to travel in April, I would submit the I-129. It will cover you for 240 days past expiry, in which time you will get the TN at the border in June.

So, I guess teh answer is both: file now, and get TN in June at border.

MEL0526
Hi I am trying to file I-129 and there are some questions i don't know if I answer right or not. Can you help me to see those questions? Thanks a lot in advance.
rickylala

Maybe it's a stupid question but to be sure:

If I send it by mail to be cover in the 240 days...and ask a visa at the border in June. Do it will cost 320$ for by mail and 50$ at border? Or if I cancel the by mail in June when I go out of the US they will not charge the 320$?

Thanks again.

Once you senf the I-129, its paid for. If you cancel it after you get border TN (whcich you should do), the money is lost, teh border TN will still cost $50/$56.