TN renewal by mail I-129 form questions

UserFreeman

1) Question 2 of Part 2, my answer is b, because this is my first renewal, so what should I fill in question 3 and 4? Because I applied my first TN in Toronto airport, there is no prior petition.

2) Do I need answer Question 1 of Part 4 if my answer for Question 5 Part 2 is e?

3) I will file the I-539 along with the I-129, Question 3 of Part 4, I-539 counts as another petition or part of the I-129? The answer shoulb be "Yes" or "No"?

4) Question 5 of Part 4, I am confusing it's asking for number of applications or number of dependents.

Thank you!

Hi UserFreeman,
We can help each other, I will take a look your questions and can you take a look mine? If I have answer of yours, I'll let you know and if you have answer of mine, can you please suggest me? Thanks a lot in advance.

rickylala

UserFreeman,
My status is 2008 is my 3RD time renew, 1st-POE 2006, 2nd-Petition 2007 by lawyer, 3rd-petition extension 2008
1) Question 2 of Part 2, my answer is b, because this is my first renewal, so what should I fill in question 3 and 4? Because I applied my first TN in Toronto airport, there is no prior petition.
[rickylala]I answer "B" too, if you are 1st time petition, there is NO petition, then put N/A in 3&4. My last time paper put N/A for 2nd petition. My case i have petition but you don't.

2) Do I need answer Question 1 of Part 4 if my answer for Question 5 Part 2 is e?
[rickylala]i answer Part2#5 as E and Part4#1 as N/A i follow my 2nd time petition papter. I think this should be right!

If you have time please help me about my questions. I appreciate it!
rickylala

1] Part2-#2, I answer B, then, #3 I need to fill petition receipt number;
question: “should I put my 2007 petition receipt#?”

2] Part2-#4 Prior Petition, I also need to fill application receipt#;
question: “should I put my 2007 petition receipt#? #3&4 should be the same number”

3] Part5-#4, I need to put NAICS code;
question: “Should I follow my petition 2007 record to put 334000, is this code related to job title, my title is accountant. Where I can double confirm this code?

4] Part4-#9, I answer YES, but I have to explain on separate paper;
questioin: please see my statement if correct, “Explanation for Part4, (9):YC Cable (East), Inc. has sponsored a TN extension application in 2007 for Ms. Yiu Yung Liu (valid from 07/16/2007 to 07/15/2008) – please see if I write correct for this explanation.
__________________________________________________ ________

Questions from filling Nonimmigrant Classification Based on Free Trade Agreement-Supplement to Form I-129:
1] #1- Name of person or organization filing petition;
question: “should I put my employer name”

2] Part 2-Signature;
question: “Should my employer has to sign this? In 2007 petition, my lawyer didn’t ask my employer to sign this page, so I assume the signature should be signed by my lawyer in last petition. I know this is kind of silly to ask this question but I just want to make sure for this year petition “I”(as representative) should sign it or my employer should.

3] Part 3-Signature of person preparing form, if other than above
question: if I sign Part 2, I guess I don’t have to sign Part 3, RIGHT?

__________________________________________________ ______
Questions from filling Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative,
1] in section “check Applicable item(s) below:”;
question: how do I fill, there are several chooses#1/2/3/4, which one should I pick up? I have no idea which one I need to pick. I GUESS,I should pick #4(others-explain fully), what should I write? If I pick wrong, please let me know which one I should pick, thanks.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Just want to double confirm documentations are right, Please see list and if I miss anything kindly let me know:
1] petition letter w/company letter head
2]I-129, petition for Nonimmigrant Worker
3]Nonimmigrant classification Based on Free Trade Agreement-Supplement to Form I-129
4] G-28, Noticee of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative

I did make copy of my Canadian passport and my OLD I-94 front&back to lawyer last year petition. I don’t know if I should enclose this copy inside the I-129 package to immigration or not. DALEK or anyone who has filed before, Can you please kindly check if my documentation and yours are matched? For some reason, I have to file this ASAP and if anyone has experience please advise me the questions and double check the documentation if I file right or not. Your help will extremely be appreciated! This is a very good forum, and we have a long way to go!

ricky, did you read what I posted on the other thread?

Hijacking threads, and repeated posting long-winded questions will not elicit favourable responses on this thread -- Canadian or not.

This is freeman's thread. If you don't have an answer, don't post, and certainly don't repeat your post for the perhaps the 5th or 6th time.

NELSONA,
Please read. I did reply UserFreeman. I am not ONLY taking but also giving. READ carefully before you judged someone. Certainly, thank you also help to answer questions in other thread. This really extremely help me, at least. I thank you. But now i want to know who has truely experience on this and please help. Simple like that. I do NOT intend to ruin this forum. I am the person who needs HELP.
rickylala

You have your own thread, you have not helped freeman at all. Clearly you do not know how to file I-129, so why on earth would freeeman take your advice.

Leave it to someone who knows the answers to his specific, non-rambling, non-repetitive questions

Last edited by a moderator:
NELSONA,
Well, it is TRUE there are some questions I have NO IDEA which one is correct. That is why I need help. BUT, I could follow my previous petition. Lawyer did my 2nd TN and now I have to file myself(as employer). Some questions I am not sure I should follow my 2nd petition. That is why I need opinion to do comparison.
I have no idea why you are so mad about me. I just need help. That's it.
rickylala