TN holder travel to Mexico with wife on B2

jiankai_yu

Registered Users (C)
I am a Canadian citizen on TN status in USA. Me and my wife are planning to go to Cancun, MX by air for a week of vacation at the end of November. My wife is a Chinese citizen on B2 status in USA. She has a multiple entry B2 visa valid until Jan 3rd, 2009. She has her TD visa appointment booked for Oct 23rd.

Case 1: My wife gets her TD visa without any problem.
What are the requirements for entering Mexico on TN and TD and then coming back to USA?

Case 2: My wife gets her TD visa denied and therefore, will be still be using her B2 visa.
What are the requirements for entering Mexico on TN and multiple entry B2 visa on a Chinese passport and then coming back to USA?

Last edited by a moderator:
B2 and TD are the same, except that B2 requires proof that she ordinarily lives outside US.

What's with all these posters sweating about TD. I've never heard of a TD visa denial.

I've been denied TN before. I lost a lot of things because of the TN denial. Ever since then, every time I apply for a US visa, I prepare for the worst. I just want to be on the safe side.

If you want to be really safe then do it by mail or online and don't go anywhere until you get it.

Unfortunately my wife isn't Canadian citizen. She needs a visa to reenter US. Applying by mail merely changes her status from B2 to TD while she's in US. Once she goes out of US, she'll need a visa to reenter the country. Therefore, she has to go to an American consulate to apply for a TD visa.

If you want to be really safe then do it by mail or online and don't go anywhere until you get it.

I said TD. I've never heard of a denial for TD consular visa.

You and Cdn2GC should have a valium party.