TN & H1 visa Degree requirements

sugar008

Hi All

I was on TN a year ago when I had an associate degree of 3 yrs from Canada. I worked for 1 year after working for 1 year I Came back to Canada to do my degree so I dont have any problem getting TN visa.( as border agent like to see only degree most of time).

Currently I enrolled myself in fulltime Bachelor degree program from an online college which is in New York and accrediated by CHEA and USA education systems. My final degree would be in Bachelor of Science in Technology
(computer technologies major). Now my concern is.

1, My degree would be from US and since it Online, would there be any problem in obtaining TN visa in Computer Systems Analyst.

2. Is Online degree valid to obtain TN Visa if the College is accrediated.

Also same questions for H1B Visa, would there be any issue if the degree is from online college but an accrediate one ?
Please provide your input

Thanks

I suspect you are okay as long as the online school has accrediation from a US Govt, like Dept of Education, and that they appear on a list from that Dept. I would check with whatever govt. body that does private college/university accrediations and make sure the school you attended is still accredited with them.
If they are not accredited now or never were I would get a credentials evaluation done the $300+ would be well spent before you use the the education as the basis for an immigration strategy.

Thanks

Webtiger !

Appreciate your reply ! I know exactly what you are talking about, but before choosing the college, I did my homework and did all kind of research before signing up with this college (www.excelsior.edu). They are legimiate and approved by the middle states as well as CHEA.

Thanks for your insight