TN---H1---GC ,duration(Pakistan born canadian citizen)?

uzairus39

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I am working on TN status , canadian citizen(born Pakistan), this is my first month of employment, I consulted with my employer about H1 and GC, they told me that they can covert my TN into H1 and later on apply for my GC, but I should fill a bond for three years at least I will work with them, my question is how long this GC process will take (for Pakistan born)?

thanks to all

Hi ,

I am working on TN status , canadian citizen(born Pakistan), this is my first month of employment, I consulted with my employer about H1 and GC, they told me that they can covert my TN into H1 and later on apply for my GC, but I should fill a bond for three years at least I will work with them, my question is how long this GC process will take (for Pakistan born)?

thanks to all

In my opinion: Go ahead and sign it ONLY IF they are willing to start the process as TN->GC, considering the H1 quota getting filled up within a day.

Hi ,

thanks to all

How long depends on what EB category you belong to, checkout www.trackitt.com for average duration for different EB categories based on people who have logged their applications and approvals.

If you will file your AOS then it is highly likely that your TN will disapprove next time when you will apply for extension. Remember, TN doesnt allow dual intent and filing an AOS idicates dual intent. Go for H1 for next year but start the process now. Should be no problem with LC and I-140. Good luck.