TN Eligibility with Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering and Job as Computer Systems Analyst

coldwater

Hi all,

I'm seeking advice on TN visa eligibility. I have a Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (evaluated by WES) from outside North America and a Master's in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Canada. I've received a job offer in the U.S. for a role similar to Computer Systems Analyst.

Will my Bachelor's in a different but related field be an issue for TN status? Can I use just my Master's and 6 years of work experience for the application?

Appreciate any insights or experiences!

You would be safest to get experience letters for 3 year worth of work, but your degrees should be sufficient.

@nelsona
Thank you for your advice on experience letters. I have a reference letter detailing my roles for 1.5 years, but my previous employer (4.5 years) only issues basic employment verification letters, not detailed references. Would accompanying these with T4s and pay stubs be sufficient, or is there a better alternative?

Appreciate your guidance.

No.
You would need a letter from your supervisor, coworker, clients, etc for the 1.5 more years, which would describe your job.

If you have an offer and don't yet have these letters, I would try with your degrees.

No.
You would need a letter from your supervisor, coworker, clients, etc for the 1.5 more years, which would describe your job.

If you have an offer and don't yet have these letters, I would try with your degrees.
Thank you! I'll reach out to my coworkers and get that in writing.