TN denied due to education at poe and later got I-129/I-797 approved by uscis.

sharmausct

Hi, I am a Canadian, my TN was denied due to education( masters in chemical engineering but going foe computer systems analyst) at Ambassador poe. My company later filled I-129 and I got I-797 approved by uscis.

Now, do I still need to go through the TN visa processing again at POE? Is there still chance of denial after approved I-797?

Which POE should I choose?
1. Pearson Airport Toronto
2. Vancouver Air Port
3. Peace Bridge New York
4. Peace Arch Bridge Washington

I live in Toronto, can I still choose POE which is not near yo my home?

Also, I heard that if I enter through Mexico then chances of approval are more. Can I do that considering that I am a Canadian but still entering US via Mexico?

Hello everyone,

I got my I 797 approved from uscis and POE is peace bridge.

Before this my TN was rejected at ambassador poe for the same company and same position when I tried the in person option. This was due to education( chemical engineering) not matching job category ( computer systems analyst).

My employer file the paper based application with uscis after my rejection and this time got the approval.

My question is can I again get rejection at poe even after getting approved I-797?

Also, is it better to go through Airport ( Pearson or Vancouver) than the peace bridge?

I would not worry about which POE/PFI to use; the outcome should be the same.

It is very unlikely that CBP will deny an approved I-129, but they do have the right to review your application. In fact CBP can always review your qualifications, but they rarely do this without suspicion.

Choose the crossing which is most convenient to you, and have all documents pertaining to your I-129 with you (but do not volunteer any paperwork unless asked; they should have your I-129 docs in their system).

It may be a bit nerve-wracking due to your previous denial, but keep your cool, Honestly answer any questions posed of you.