TN denied at Mexican border, enter US possible?

richardz88

Hi guys,

Second post here, yeah! Thanks nelsona for answering my first question, very helpful!.

I am a Canadian trying to apply TN at Mexican border. I believe my case is straightforward, and the chance of denial is very small. However, if it happened, am I (with my family, all Canadians) still able to enter the status without TN, just like regular entry at a Canadian POE? I really don't want to get stuck at Mexico with my family.

Thanks!

They would give you B2 with a short date, so you could fix it. Besides, aren't you currently in valid H1? I hope you have not quit that job yet; that would have been a mistake.

What mistake?

Actually, I am planning quit my job first and go to the border the next day. mainly because at the time TN started, my H1 will be invalided anyway, so I would like to inform my current employer 1 or 2 weeks before I apply TN.

Can you explain to me what are the problems here, and what do you mean "mistake"?

Thanks!

They would give you B2 with a short date, so you could fix it. Besides, aren't you currently in valid H1? I hope you have not quit that job yet; that would have been a mistake.

YES! What if you don't get your TN!!? NEVER quit one job until the status is secure. Too many vagaries for you to be so confident.