TN at the Border - Appointments and Hours?

Canadianinva

Hi! For those that applied for a TN at the border (Canada), did you just show up or did you have to book an appointment?

I see on the Buffalo CBP site it says appointments for TNs but that's got a different address than the POE so I'm confused whether I need to book an appointment if I'm flag poling at the border to get a TN or not...

And , if no appointments needed to flag pole and then apply for a TN at the POE, where can I find out what their office hours are? I assume it's not 24/7? I'm specifically considering Rainbow/Peace bridge.

Thank you!

Hi! For those that applied for a TN at the border (Canada), did you just show up or did you have to book an appointment?

I see on the Buffalo CBP site it says appointments for TNs but that's got a different address than the POE so I'm confused whether I need to book an appointment if I'm flag poling at the border to get a TN or not...

And , if no appointments needed to flag pole and then apply for a TN at the POE, where can I find out what their office hours are? I assume it's not 24/7? I'm specifically considering Rainbow/Peace bridge.

Thank you!
1) The CBP page that lists "designated" POEs for TN-1 applications ( "Traveling on a TN or L1 Visa from Canada?" on the CBP web site) shows business hours for some POEs, but not for others. However, that does not mean that POEs for which hours are not given would have an adjudicator on hand round the clock. Just the opposite: come to Detroit Tunnel POE on Saturday morning, and you will be told to wait until Monday. So if the hours are not indicated in the listing, do yourself a favor and call the border post to find out what the hours are. (Likely they would be open at least 9 am to 3 pm M-F, but you never know...)

2) The entries for some POEs (such as Peace Bridge) have the word "appointments", which means that you indeed need to schedule an appointment in advance. Specifically, the Peace Bridge people say they schedule appointments at most 10 days in advance.

3) Even if the POE's entry in the list does not mention "appointments", it may be wise to ask (when you call to verify the business hours) whether appointments are recommended. Perhaps not, but they may tell you e.g. that the wait may be very long on some days of the week.

4) Don't worry about the address; "726 Exchange St" is apparently the address where the CBPs office receives its mail, but the place where you actually apply in person is the actual POE, i.e. the place where people walk or drive from Canada.

A wise man already said "You can show up daytime business hours at the border, not any other office."