TN and 130

echo2net

Registered Users (C)
I got my TN early this year, the officers at Detroit issued that status to me through a 6-hour scrutiny processing (I filed i-485 in 2000 and left the US immediately when it was denied in 2002)

I'm going to renew my TN very soon (or get a new TN very soon) my plan is to do it through mailing to Nebrasca service center.

But I have another concern: My sister filed 130 for me in 2000 and got approval in 2004.

My question is:

Do I need/have to revoke this 130 before I apply for my TN extension?

There won't be any immigration intent/issue anymore if I revoke it, right?

Thanks in advance.

Well, since you got your TN after that I-130 was approved, why bother cancelling it?

And TNs are not done at Nebraska anymore. Read the current instructions of I-129.

Nelsona:

Thanks for your quick response. My current TN is going to expire you know.

I didn't know I-130 will affect my TN application or not, so I didn't mention it at the border, they didn't ask me too.

But I found so many concerns about TN and 130 online, the argument is
Filing 130 will fail your TN?
Or Filing 130 AND AOS BOTH will fail your TN, before that you are OK?

So confused.
Thanks again

As I said, you were not denied TN with I-130. You won't in future either.

It is I-485 that will wind-up TN

TN and I130

I was told at the POE, while issuing TN that you need to revoke I130. But I never revoked I130. Next year for another job in USA I again got TN from another POE, no questions asked about I30. Total time was less than a minute. Last year I renewed my TN by mail, less than two week I got renewal. No questions asked. As I understand, under US law filing I130 is not intent for immigration. I see other also replied you same thing.

You've got it (your TN) so why do you keep sweating it. Renew by mail and all should be fine.