TN Academic credential evaluation

Cbhutere

The University of Toronto's evaluation assessment resulted in "Professional Master's degree from a recognized institution" for my India's Master's degree (MCA-Master's in Computer Applications). What is the difference between "Professional Master's degree from a recognized institution" and "Master's degree from a recognized institution"? What is the meaning of the word "Professional" in my evaluation assessment? Is my degree still equivalent to a Master's degree from a Canadian university? Do I meet academic/educational requirements for TN status if I receive/accept a job offer from the USA?

First off, your evaluation must be against US standards, not Canadian, if you wish to use it for US immigration purposes. I suspect your got the eval done for Cdn purposes? That doesn't really help you for US.

As to the use of the word professional or not, I would not worry about it, especially since you will be getting a new eval in any event.

First off, your evaluation must be against US standards, not Canadian, if you wish to use it for US immigration purposes. I suspect your got the eval done for Cdn purposes? That doesn't really help you for US.

As to the use of the word professional or not, I would not worry about it, especially since you will be getting a new eval in any event.
Thanks nelsona!

1726338218642.png
University of Toronto's School of Continuing Studies (CES-Comparative Education Service) General Use Assessment can be used for TN Visa as well.

Here's the reply from UofT:

1726339856917.png