• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tip for 2008 winners that are running out of time

klinsi

Registered Users (C)
This might help some of you that have an interview scheduled close to the deadline (end of August/September).

This is what they told me in Frankfurt, it might not work for all consulates:

The consulate told me that---- as long as your number is current, you can move the interview date to whenever you want.....even BEFORE your scheduled interview date. For example, let's say your number is current in September and your interview date is on September 20th. You could move it to September 1st. In fact, that's what I did when my number became current a few months ago (since I had time related issues with work and school). Again, it worked for me in Frankfurt, but I don't know how other consulates handle it. But if you are afraid that you are running out of time, I would definitely give it a shot.

I wasn't aware you could have the visa interview in Melbourne? I thought everyone in Australia had to come to Sydney!

This might help some of you that have an interview scheduled close to the deadline (end of August/September).

This is what they told me in Frankfurt, it might not work for all consulates:

The consulate told me that---- as long as your number is current, you can move the interview date to whenever you want.....even BEFORE your scheduled interview date. For example, let's say your number is current in September and your interview date is on September 20th. You could move it to September 1st. In fact, that's what I did when my number became current a few months ago (since I had time related issues with work and school). Again, it worked for me in Frankfurt, but I don't know how other consulates handle it. But if you are afraid that you are running out of time, I would definitely give it a shot.

who do you contact to have your interview moved??? KCC or the consulate?

Yup, I scheduled my interview date BEFORE the initial date (that was given to me) with the consulate. Pretty much right when your number becomes current the KCC hands the case over to the consulate and you have nothing to do with the KCC anymore. So in case you want to move your date contact your consulate.

Can you schedule your interview date in the preceding month to the month in which your case is current eg, if my interview date is September 10, can I reschedule it to say August 20 or it could only be a date in September - the month in which my case is current?

I dont think that you can move the date to a month before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you schedule your interview date in the preceding month to the month in which your case is current eg, if my interview date is September 10, can I reschedule it to say August 20 or it could only be a date in September - the month in which my case is current?

Nope you can't...but if it was scheduled on September 10th you can schedule it on September 1st (if it is a business day of course Mo-Fr). At least that's how it works in Frankfurt.