Timelines for EAD/AP approval in VSC

GaramChai2go

Registered Users (C)
Sorry I know this question does not belong here, but I know this is tbe only thread which is the real active thread (because of retro shit). R they still taking 3 months even though they have nothing else to do other than catching flies? If I apply 3 months before expiry and if they approve in 2 months, will my ead be valid for 1 yr from the day of approval of new one or the date of expiry of the previous one.
Man this ead/ap is total waste of money, why can't they issue for 3 yrs, instead of 1 yr. Hail uscis/dhs... and whatever.....

this is my case...

Hi,
I have a question about EAD too,We applied for EAD renewal(4th time)about 6 weeks ago. We haven't received any Received notice yet.But the cheque got cleared. What does this supposed mean? Are they gonna send the renewal right away without Received notice?
Since we totally forgot about the renewal we applied 2 months ahead.Can we still go to the interim EAD after 90 days,if they don't approve. Is this facility still available? As we haven't got the received date,how are they gonna calculate the 90 day time period?
Does anybody know anything about it?Thanks in advance...

My AP got approved in exactly one month.It will be valid for one year from the date of approval.

GaramChai2go said:
Sorry I know this question does not belong here, but I know this is tbe only thread which is the real active thread (because of retro shit). R they still taking 3 months even though they have nothing else to do other than catching flies? If I apply 3 months before expiry and if they approve in 2 months, will my ead be valid for 1 yr from the day of approval of new one or the date of expiry of the previous one.
Man this ead/ap is total waste of money, why can't they issue for 3 yrs, instead of 1 yr. Hail uscis/dhs... and whatever.....

Depends

I got my EAD and AP approved in about 3 weeks but I know a couple of my friends' stuff has still been in process for more than 2 months... God! I got lucky there.

This time my EAD is valid from the day my previous EAD expires, that is from 8-8-06, but on the contrary my previous EAD was valid from the day it was approved.

"Total wast of money" for us and total best of money resource for them :(

GaramChai2go said:

Fishy

Seems something got messed up, you should receive receipt notices right away, you better check with them.

I am not sure about intrim EADs, but I heard there was a talk that they might abandon intrim EADs all together, I am not really sure about it so don't count on my word, check murthy.com, search for "intrim EAD"

This is really pain in the you know what I mean to renew these two ~!@#$%^ (again you know what I mean) documents until the rest of our lives, which is not a lot when you think about it with all the global warming and ~!@#

Amber00s said:
Hi,
I have a question about EAD too,We applied for EAD renewal(4th time)about 6 weeks ago. We haven't received any Received notice yet.But the cheque got cleared. What does this supposed mean? Are they gonna send the renewal right away without Received notice?
Since we totally forgot about the renewal we applied 2 months ahead.Can we still go to the interim EAD after 90 days,if they don't approve. Is this facility still available? As we haven't got the received date,how are they gonna calculate the 90 day time period?
Does anybody know anything about it?Thanks in advance...

For GaramChai2go

Make sure to apply EAD according to the processing timeline (they say 90 days) otherwise it could be problematic. Sometimes USCIS process in 2 weeks and sometimes not in 90 days. I would apply atleast 120 days before the current expires so that there are no last minutes surprises, which are not that bad anyways if you can afford to live with that ;)

Here is a little story and lesson I learnt from EAD/AP. I applied EAD 90 days before the current expiry, got approval in 15 days. So thought AP would be approved in 2-4 weeks, hence delayed applying. It's been 120 days since am waiting. That screwed my summer plans! Now it does not matter if they take 150 or 180 days, its all same frickin same;)

For Amber00s,

I would call the 800 number and ask them about the receipt notice. If your checks are encashed, look at the back page of check (if you are enrolled online with your bank, you can do so) that would prolly have receipt number! I think you can obtain interim EAD after 90 days!

There is no such thing as 3 year EAD.
There is a written rule that USCIS doesn't do anything that would make you happy, after all we are legal aliens. :mad:

AGC4ME said:
How does one go about getting 3 year EADs ? Is there such thing in the first place ?

pipedream said:
I got my EAD and AP approved in about 3 weeks but I know a couple of my friends' stuff has still been in process for more than 2 months... God! I got lucky there.

This time my EAD is valid from the day my previous EAD expires, that is from 8-8-06, but on the contrary my previous EAD was valid from the day it was approved.

"Total wast of money" for us and total best of money resource for them :(
Thanks for sharing info.
U r on which service center? Isn't it bizarre that 1st was valid from the day of approval and 2nd from the day of expiry? What about AP?

VSC...
That's really bizarre, at least they are consistent in being bizarre! AP is valid from the day it is renewed, not the day when the previous one exires, thus I lose like 2 months for no reason, same with my previous one too...

GaramChai2go said:
Thanks for sharing info.
U r on which service center? Isn't it bizarre that 1st was valid from the day of approval and 2nd from the day of expiry? What about AP?