Timeline in Chicago

j4gc

Registered Users (C)
Please i want to know timeline in chicago, how long is the waiting time for interview after filing for AOS thru marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeline (giving you an idea)

Please i want to know timeline in chicago, how long is the waiting time for interview after filing for AOS thru marriage.

On the basis of marriage my friend in Chicago applied GC for his wife back in 2006. She got her GC in about 3 months. On the other hand another friends of ours recently got married. He applied for adjustment of status for his wife last September and his wife had an interview about a week ago. It took them about 7 months, start to finish.

I applied for mine in mid-august and my interview was in the end of February. It was quicker than I expected. But my advice is to double check and submit all the paper work needed or get an attorney if I can afford, because if just one thing missing, it will take about 1-2 more months. And also be careful with your mail because if anything get lost in the mail, you have to file replacement, which can also take forever.