Timeline for PR trying to bring wife to US.

ahacali

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am Permanent Resident (PR). I got married last year (July, 2004). I was told that it will take 4-5 yrs to bring my wife to the US, so me and my wife decided to wait till I got my citizenship, hopefully later this year.

On the USCIS website, for California Service Center, the I-130 processing time for "Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21", and it states "Dec 22, 2004". I remember this date being much much earlier. For other centers, this date is much much earlier (like 2001, 2002 etc.)

I am a bit confused, does this mean that something has changed recently for Cal center and now it does not take as long to bring one's spouse ( of a PR ) living abroad to the US? Or is this a typo? Can someone please tell me when this changed?

What are the forms that I need to file to, at the very least, bring my wife over to US.

Thank you,
Aha.

it's not the time to process I-130 that is important. It's the time to get an immigrant visa. Look at the dates at the Department of States site, www.travel.state.gov at a current visa bulletin.

You should have still filed I-130...