Timeline for GC based on petition of my GC holder wife

I have couple of questions:
Do I have to sign the forms in black? or blue is ok?
Is there a form to be filled for biometric ?
Can I send completed form to UPS address since I prefer it over USPS?
How much should the check for AOS? $1225?
Thank you

If you use USPS to send it then send it to the USPS address. If you use UPS to send it then send it to the UPS address.

$1225 is correct. There is no form for biometrics.

Thank you.
Just to confirm, since F2A is current now, I can send my AOS like today, correct. I'm Canadian entered via the airport and got B-2 which didn't expire yet and my wife is a green card holder

Greetings, I also completed form G-1145 and submitted the package. They received it two days ago. When should I expect email from USCIS confirming receiving the package?

As a result of COVID-19 restrictions, an increase in filings, current postal service volume and other external factors, you may experience a delay of four to six weeks in receiving your receipt notice after properly filing an application or petition with a USCIS lockbox.

even with the G-1145? I thought you get email as soon as they receive it? What evidence can I have that I submitted the AOS then?

My visa expires in one week and I filed AOS two weeks ago. I didn't get the receipt yet. Am I at risk? what if they reject me? is the receipt means they received the application? or means they received it and reviewed it?

Also, what if they misplaced it or lost? I have UPS confirmation that I sent it?

Is there anything I can do at this stage?

Also, is there a way to extend my visitor visa till I get the receipt? Can I file I 539 even though I only have like 5 days for the visa to expire? is applying for Adjustment of Status a good reason to file I 539?

No, waiting to adjust status is not an acceptable reason for filing an extension of visitor status, which requires you to show your stay is temporary and when you will leave.

Receipt just means they received it. They probably won’t review it for many months yet. If there is something basic wrong with the application (wrong fee payment, form not signed etc) they will reject it. I have no idea about the timing of receipt question. Everything is slow with physical mail for uscis at the moment.

Thank you, but if they reject it due to fee problem or something not signed, Am I in trouble then since my I-94 would be expired? what to do in this case?

If I have I 539 still in process as it will take time for them to approve/reject it, would it be like a backup plan?

Thank you, but if they reject it due to fee problem or something not signed, Am I in trouble then since my I-94 would be expired? what to do in this case?

If I have I 539 still in process as it will take time for them to approve/reject it, would it be like a backup plan?
No, a frivolous (their terminology) i539 filing is not a backup plan. In any case you are not in status if your i94 has ended while awaiting an i539 decision so it doesn’t help this problem.

My understanding is yes you would be out of status if they reject it or if the receipt notice is dated after your current i94 ends. As you cannot adjust status if you were not in status at date of filing, your only option then as far as I can see would be to return home and continue to await consular processing.

I'm not out of status yet. I applied for AOS two weeks ago and my I-94 expires April 20th. So if the the AOS is rejected would I be in trouble? My understanding is they back date the receipt the day they received, not the date they opened it? Please elaborate so I'm able to make a decision would I be in trouble if they reject it? or I just correct and resend? Also, pls confirm that the receipt date is when it is received by them, not when they open it?

If you submitted two weeks ago you should probably be ok wrt receipt date, even if the actual receipt is sent late. Using the reference in the link I provided to you at an earlier date in this thread

7) Benefit requests submitted.

(i) USCIS will consider a benefit request received and will record the receipt date as of the actual date of receipt at the location designated for filing such benefit request whether electronically or in paper format.

(ii) A benefit request which is rejected will not retain a filing date. A benefit request will be rejected if it is not:

(A) Signed with valid signature;

(B) Executed;

(C) Filed in compliance with the regulations governing the filing of the specific application, petition, form, or request; and

(D) Submitted with the correct fee(s). If a check or other financial instrument used to pay a fee is returned as unpayable because of insufficient funds, USCIS will resubmit the payment to the remitter institution one time. If the instrument used to pay a fee is returned as unpayable a second time, the filing may be rejected. Financial instruments returned as unpayable for a reason other than insufficient funds will not be redeposited. If a check or other financial instrument used to pay a fee is dated more than one year before the request is received, the payment and request may be rejected.

(iii) A rejection of a filing with USCIS may not be appealed.