Timeline after AOS (spouse outside USA)

gujboy75

Registered Users (C)
Hi - Currently received the AOS forms from NVC. My wife (outside of the USA) also sent in the payment for $380 and it was received by the NVC. My AOS documents are in good order as per the phone rep at the NVC.

My question - they said the DS230 form was just printed, and will be mailed to the beneficiary. Does anyone know how long it takes (roughly) from this point? If you have any timeline, it would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks in advance.

I believe you are talking about Affidavit of Support (I864) under Consular Processing (CP). If you already submitted I864, then after you submit DS230 and if everything is in order, typically NVC forwards the file to your designated consulate within a couple of weeks. After that it depends how long the particular consulate takes to schedule interview. What is designated consulate? You may want to check consular processing forum, first page of parents sticky thread in this forum, www.cptracker.com to get some idea.

Good luck!

First of all, thanks for your response. Secondly, you are correct, this was the Affidavit of Support form. They received this and the $380 processing fee from my wife. They are going to mail the DS-230 forms to my wife this week (why don't they mail the entire package - ie: all forms etc) all in my go - instead of wasting time in the mail for mailing each and individual thing one at a time?

Anyhow, the consulate will be Montreal. Any clue would be helpful, thank you.

gujboy75 said:
First of all, thanks for your response. Secondly, you are correct, this was the Affidavit of Support form. They received this and the $380 processing fee from my wife. They are going to mail the DS-230 forms to my wife this week (why don't they mail the entire package - ie: all forms etc) all in my go - instead of wasting time in the mail for mailing each and individual thing one at a time?

Anyhow, the consulate will be Montreal. Any clue would be helpful, thank you.

I agree that it would be much better if NVC sent all the stuff in one go.

Montreal is considered "appointment review" consulate where NVC schedules the interview as opposed to "standard" consulate where the consulate schedules interview upon receiving complete file from NVC. There are elaborate threads in consular processing forum on Montreal with good information. Since NVC will schedule the interview in your case, you can even check (call NVC) with them.