Time to get Card, New York POE?

mottusingh

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what is usual timeframe to get your card when your POE is New York(JFK)?

Mottu

expediting CP process

Hi All,
I (with my wife) filed for my AOS (I-485 stage) in Dec.

I am planning to go back to school in August (more than 180 days after my filing). Since the AOS process takes about 2 years in TX, I am contemplating consular processing. (I have always been in status)

How long does it take do consular processing at an Indian consulate? Is there any way to get a consular processing for the green card done within 5 months?

Any information is appreciated
Thanks
VVN

POE JFK on 02/17, received card on 03/04

We, spouse & myself received our cards on yesterday 03/04. Our POE was on 02/17 at JFK. No mistakes on cards. Glad to have the whole thing behind us.

VVN

Since you already applied for 485, You need to apply 824 to redirect your paper work from TSC to NVC. Check how much it takes for 824 approval @ TSC. Add that time + 5 mos. for CP from NVC receipt.

Mumbai and Delhi accept AC-140 (Attorney Certified I-140 copy). Withe 824 receipt and the AC-140, you could do CP in about 5 mos. Contact your consulate if they accept AC-140. Chennai does not accept unless you have evidence of hardship to do AC-140.

Good Luck.