Time to get a US Passport from the date of Oath Ceremony

dhirendra_sh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

How many days/weeks it takes to get a US Passport in hand from the date of oath ceremony ?
Does submitting a passport application immediately after the oath ceremony expedite the passport process in any way ?

Thanks,

The time it takes for you to get a US Passport after you have your Naturalization Certificate in hand depends on the way and where you apply for your passport.

If you apply at a Regional Passport Facility and show it is urgent to have a passport since you have travel plans within two weeks then you can have your passport in hand by the next day after applying. However, if you apply at via a Passport Acceptance Faculty, such as a Post Office, but pay the expedited fee of $60 then you can have your passport in hand within 2 to 3 weeks. But, if you apply at a Passport Acceptance Faculty and apply by the regular means then it is estimated that you will have your passport in 4 to 6 weeks.

I recently renewed my passport, and since it was a renewal I was able to apply by mail. I mailed my application to the Philadelphia Passport Lockbox on October 17 and received my new passport in hand on November 5, a total of two weeks and a half. I paid for regular processing since I wasn't planning on traveling anytime soon, but I received my passport back faster then what the State Department was estimating for regular processing.

More information regarding passports can be found here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/get_4855.html