Time taken to obtain green card

Captain Crunch

Registered Users (C)
Hi i have applied conurrently both the i140 and i1485 early part of may. soon after i had my biometrics taken. does anyone know how long after that i should expect my green card.

It takes forever!

Captain Crunch said:
I filed at Nebraska. Is that center taking longer than others??

I think so.....Nebraska is very behind..... :(
I filed mine (EB-2) concurrently at the end of April. So far I only got EAD and AP.

Thats very strange some days ago the uscis website was saying that people at nebraska are processing oct 2005 then later i checked they were processing aug 2005.
There are also different dates for local center for I485 what dates are these? Thats where i had my biometrics done. Does anyone know what dates these are??

Captain Crunch said:
There are also different dates for local center for I485 what dates are these? Thats where i had my biometrics done. Does anyone know what dates these are??

Those dates are for people who are adjusting status in the family based preferences, and diversity visa category, and the rare employment based cases (such as mine) that unluckily happen to get transferred to the local office.

hi captain church,

I also apply in June concurrently & I have done with my FP
biometrics , I am in TSC , do you recieve any other notice from INS

Captain Crunch said:
Hi i have applied conurrently both the i140 and i1485 early part of may. soon after i had my biometrics taken. does anyone know how long after that i should expect my green card.

I applied to NSC with I-140/I-485 concurrently on 3/23/06 and had fingerprinting on 5/15/06, I-140 approved 5/25/06 and I-485 approved 7/17/06, so they took 3 1/2 months to approve my greencard - pretty quick. From FP to I-485 approval took just two months.

Congrats casanova!!!
which country are u from and under what category did u apply ur labor?
Thanks

casanova2 said:
I applied to NSC with I-140/I-485 concurrently on 3/23/06 and had fingerprinting on 5/15/06, I-140 approved 5/25/06 and I-485 approved 7/17/06, so they took 3 1/2 months to approve my greencard - pretty quick. From FP to I-485 approval took just two months.

LC Perm : march 2006
Service Centre : TSC
I 140/ I 485 : ND June 19th 2006
AP : AD 07-31-2006
I 140 AD 08-01-2006

Hello everyone,
I'd really appreaciate your input on my situation. Today I've got a call from my attorney informing me that my LC was approved (backlog center) but according to him I wont be able to file I-140 and I-485 concurrently. My PD is 12/03/2003.
I'm not from India or other country affected by retrogression.
I don't really trust my attorney and i think it might be a good time to change him.

It depends

It depends on your LC category as EB1, EB2 or EB3. According to the August Visa Bulletin, EB3 is retrogressed for the world to 10/01/2001. If your priority date (for your case the receipt date of SWA received your LC application) is later than that date, you can NOT file I-485 utill your PD is current on the Visa Bulletin. The Sepetember Visa Bulletin will be out soon, you may want to see if the retrogressed date moves to your PD.

Good Luck

happylc said:
Hello everyone,
I'd really appreaciate your input on my situation. Today I've got a call from my attorney informing me that my LC was approved (backlog center) but according to him I wont be able to file I-140 and I-485 concurrently. My PD is 12/03/2003.
I'm not from India or other country affected by retrogression.
I don't really trust my attorney and i think it might be a good time to change him.