time outside the USA - proof required?

kewlkalang

Registered Users (C)
One of my concern in the N-400 form is the time outside the USA. How do you prove this or how do they double check this information. My main concern is that I've lost my old passport that covers my trip outside the US from 2000-2005 - and this is the time I spend some time in the philippines from my wedding and birth of my son.

Will they ask for additional proof? How would they go about verifying this information?

thank you,

One of my concern in the N-400 form is the time outside the USA. How do you prove this or how do they double check this information. My main concern is that I've lost my old passport that covers my trip outside the US from 2000-2005 - and this is the time I spend some time in the philippines from my wedding and birth of my son.

Will they ask for additional proof? How would they go about verifying this information?

thank you,

Strictly speaking, the burden of proof rests with you to demonstrate eligibility for natz, so you are the one that needs to provide the travel info.

That said, I do recall reading about one or two people in a similar situation who wrote to CBP and asked for them to provide information on their known travel dates (under the Freedom of Information act). Mostly this is PoE "entry" dates, but it may be enough to reconstruct some usable info if you can guesstimate durations.

The other thing to note is that USCIS seems tolerant of inexact data so long as you are not pushing the boundaries of either physical presence or continuous residence.

Check this post by user "tarakan".

Thank you for the reply. Does anyone else have a similar situation as I do? Anyone had similar problems?

I would suggest you take the proof of lost passport, you must have filed a police report to give to the consulate. Take that police document.

I lost the previous password after I renewed it, it was misplaced during a housing move - so I don't have any police report or affidavit of lost.

Thank you.