Time line question

unlucky_girl

Registered Users (C)
i have a question. i applied as u see in my timeline I130 in the last week of Dec and the I485 in the 2nd week of Feb. would i have to see the trend for Dec filers or Feb filers. i am a little worried that i havent recd an update since the last couple of weeks. the email which mentioned the RFE recd said that my case is in MSC. what does that mean? i am really frustrated.

does the I130 have to be approved before receiving the interview date?

Since I-485 is dependent on Approval of I-130 then the answer is YES

You should receive NOA's for both around the same time, then about 45-90 days later you should receive an interview notice.

See our timeline below to give you an idea

i have a question. i applied as u see in my timeline I130 in the last week of Dec and the I485 in the 2nd week of Feb. would i have to see the trend for Dec filers or Feb filers. i am a little worried that i havent recd an update since the last couple of weeks. the email which mentioned the RFE recd said that my case is in MSC. what does that mean? i am really frustrated.

MSC indicates your case is being intially processed out of
Missouri Service Center, nothing to worry about ours was sent there to then forwarded to California at our local DO for Our interview

I would not rely on the Online Updates to keep you informed on the exact timeline of your case,
My wife had no updates after she received NOA's and then after the interview we received welcome notice we saw updates indicating our case was approved,

Since I-485 is dependent on Approval of I-130 then the answer is YES

You should receive NOA's for both around the same time, then about 45-90 days later you should receive an interview notice.

See our timeline below to give you an idea

I dont think that info is entirely accurate. I was specifically told at my interview that my I-130 was approved 'at' the interview and not before. The IO put the approval stamp on the I-130 before we even talked about the I-485.

As far as I know, all that is required to be granted an interview date is for your FP to be taken and, all documentation and evidence submitted (no RFEs).