Time line for EAD

waitinglifetime

I am a field engineer. My job required me to go to different clients locations and travel to different states. Last week I was in NY and the security at the gate asked if I have GC or EAD. and I was like I don't have GC and I don't need EAD because I got unrestricted SS. the guard refused to let me in to the facility. Now my work asked me to apply for EAD or they will let me go, because I don't meet the job requirement. Did anyone has this experience? How long it take to get EAD , is it possible in less then a month ?

Thanks

My only suggestion at this pont is to have an attorney to write a letter to your employer, explaining drastic consequences of discriminating on the grounds of immigration status. You know yourself that all you need by law is unresricted SS and a state ID. I feel for you. It's realy hard to explain anything to a dickhead. They start moving their lazy asses only when they realize it may cost them a lot. That's a goddamn reality for asylees. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
my employer will not be able to keep me if I can't access clients facilities. I don't think they are discriminating against me. and I can't explain to each security guard that I am asylum here and don't need EAD.
believe me they have no clue what asylum is, Plus he is following rules.

I think this is reality about being asylum in this country. :mad:

Call this #

Pl call 1-800 255-7688.This is the office of special Council Deptt of justice. follow the intruction a talk to them about the issue. They will call ur employer. u should ask them to issue u a letter regarding that .Also they will ask u to fax ur Asylum approval letter including I-94 & ur state ID.
Also its taking 75-90 days to get EAD these days.The filing fee is 180$ for one yr. U can also apply for Multiple yr EAD upto 5 yrs by paying extra fee.
I hope they will solve ur problem
ND Feb 2003

waitinglifetime said:
EAD is good for one year only

Whatelse is 100% right.As asylee,you may apply for up to 5 years EAD with some extra buks.It's a new law.
Good luck.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received sep 20,2005

cadel said:
Whatelse is 100% right.As asylee,you may apply for up to 5 years EAD with some extra buks.It's a new law.
Good luck.

Isn't 5yrs EAD restricted only to the Ngwaniya vs Eschcroft class suit members?

If I'm mistaken, how can I apply for a 5yr one? There is nothing about 5yr in I765.
Thanks.

cadel said:
Good luck.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received sep 20,2005

Cadel

can you post the 5 years link ,,, Thanks

Thanks cadel ..

my ND 03/05. I can see some late ND05 got BIO's and RFI. but nothing for me yet.
the way INS is processing cases nowdays is randomly. I will not be approved b4 2007. EAD for 2 years will not hurt :)