Time lag from approval to receiving notice. Update

suresh502

Registered Users (C)
Received courtesy copy for both myself and wife. I was approved on Oct 7 and my wife was approved on Oct 12. I received my courtesy copy on Oct 15. Received her courtesy copy today, Oct 21. Lawyer received my original copy on Oct 17. Am expecting Lawyer to receive wife’s original on Oct 23. There seems to be about a 8-10 day period after approval date to receive approval notice, for those who are waiting.

My details again:
Center: VSC
RD: 11/24/01
FP date: 05/06/02
AD: 10/07/02

Will perhaps go for stamping later this week or next week. Will let the forum know about the experience.

Suresh.

Congrats

Suresh, Where are you located?

My 485 was approved on 10/11 and I am yet to receive the courtesy copy (in CA). However I recd the email from my lawyer (in NJ) and he has recd the originals. Hopefully I'll also have the copies in my mail tonight.

8-10 days is pretty much what others should expect. (Oct 14th was holiday too)

approved on Oct 11

Mine was approved on Oct 11. Notice hasn't received yet.

Suresh,

What are the documents you are going to take with you for pp stamping?

EAC-0204-55-xxxx
RD: 11/24/01
ND:10/07/02 (thats what the approval notice says. Should I be looking someplace else for the notice date?)
AD: 10/07/02

I think depeding upon location, postal delays vary. I remember my finger printing notices came to my lawyer after 14 calendar days. So, I would wait for 14-15 days before calling.

The notice asks me to take:
Passport
I-94
Approval notice
2-photos (name and A# on back)
EAD(where available)

Good luck to all!

Suresh.

Suresh,

Can you tell me the address where you need to go for PP stamping? Mine was also approved on 15th Oct , my ND was 10/9/2001 . My Lawyer hasn't recd the approval letter yet.

Can we go there for stamping by train or bus?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Suresh,

Me too approved on Oct 7th but till today me and my lawyer have not received the approval notices. Since it is past 15 days I am worried. My lawyer's address was mentioned in the 485 application and just ten days back I vacated my apartment (had to!!) -- do I need to wait for couple of days more to call INS?

-spark

I would call IIO

Spark777,

If I were you I would talk to IIO to validate the address. As per the online status. It clearly says that you call IIO after 14days of approval. In your case it has been about 15days.

Ashvaish,
I think the respective address for the VSC office is on the approval notice. I would use that through Map quest or something to get specific driving directions. I am not sure about the train/bus...

spark777, I would call IIO. It is time in your case.

suresh502,
Congratulations! Is your RD really 11/24/01? That means it's good news for us other November waiters (unless it's an INS typo). Can you please make sure?
- WGC

I want to confirm that my RD is indeed 11/24/01. Also, I am not a transfer case. So, yes that is good news for Nov waiters..