Time lag b/w Priority Dtae becoming current & AOS/485 Approvals?

vsaksena

Registered Users (C)
Time lag b/w Priority Date becoming current & AOS/485 Approvals?

folks,

I am EB2/PD:- Aug 2002. As of May my PD is current.

We were interviewd at the Manchester, NH field office back in Dec 2005 (after retrogression kicked in) & were informed by the adjudicating officer that once the VISA #s are available for our PD, our 485 would be approved.

In the meantime our FPs expired, so we had to get get another set done on Apr 25th.

My question is once the PDs become current how long does it usually take (or has taken for other member's/aquaintainces of other members for their 485 to be approved & notification sent of approval?

feedback appreciated

Regards

V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only can the USCIS give you an accurate answer. However, if you have no security check problems, you should arrive in terminal very soon.

In my case, about 2 weeks. April 1 2006, my PD (May 2002, Indian) bcame current and on April 14 2006, my 485 was approved.

Manchester, NH USCIS satelite office visit - Am I approved?

As I had posted earlier, we were interviewd at the Manchester, NH field office back in Dec 2005 (after retrogression kicked in) & were informed by the adjudicating officer that once the VISA #s are available for our PD, our 485 would be approved. He had also suggested at that time that I should call him once my PD becomes current.

Based on the Officer's suggestion, I called him yesterday & mentioned tht PD was current for us, & he recomended tht we should show up with an Infopass at the USCIS Manchester, NH office & talk to the Info guy & if it is actually current, request for our AOS to be sent to the Officer in context, & he assured that he would approve, while we wait....

Today we went in to the USCIS satelite office as the officer had asked us to yesterday, took an infoapss. got to the info desk, told them that our PD was current.

The lady at the info desk checked the PDs & confirmed that it was indeed current(EB2 - India), asked us to get 2 passport pic each of me & my wife, stapled them with the application on the form which is sent for GC (the actual card) printing, and said that the officer is going to go online today and ask for a VISA #, (she said that getting the VISA # might take upto a day or two).

When I asked if this meant my 485 was approved, she said yes, but she couldn't stamp our passports as she does not know what VISA # would be alloted to us. She said that we should get a welcome letter in the mail very soon, followed by the physical card.

Not sure what this means, & what my status is. Has anybody else had a similar experience? AM I REALLY APPROVED?

Would appreciate feedback.

Regards

Vikas

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time i am reading about taking an infopass appointment to get gc approval.

Generally people file an enquiry once their PD becomes current as well as the service center processing date is past their ND.

I am wondering if i could do the same once my service center processing date is past my ND (my pd is already current).

Can anyone else/gurus confirm this to be true for all people?

vsaksena said:
As I had posted earlier, we were interviewd at the Manchester, NH field office back in Dec 2005 (after retrogression kicked in) & were informed by the adjudicating officer that once the VISA #s are available for our PD, our 485 would be approved. He had also suggested at that time that I should call him once my PD becomes current.

Based on the Officer's suggestion, I called him yesterday & mentioned tht PD was current for us, & he recomended tht we should show up with an Infopass at the USCIS Manchester, NH office & talk to the Info guy & if it is actually current, request for our AOS to be sent to the Officer in context, & he assured that he would approve, while we wait....

Today we went in to the USCIS satelite office as the officer had asked us to yesterday, took an infoapss. got to the info desk, told them that our PD was current.

The lady at the info desk checked the PDs & confirmed that it was indeed current(EB2 - India), asked us to get 2 passport pic each of me & my wife, stapled them with the application on the form which is sent for GC (the actual card) printing, and said that the officer is going to go online today and ask for a VISA #, (she said that getting the VISA # might take upto a day or two).

When I asked if this meant my 485 was approved, she said yes, but she couldn't stamp our passports as she does not know what VISA # would be alloted to us. She said that we should get a welcome letter in the mail very soon, followed by the physical card.

Not sure what this means, & what my status is. Has anybody else had a similar experience? AM I REALLY APPROVED?

Would appreciate feedback.

Regards

Vikas

WhyThisDelay said:
This is the first time i am reading about taking an infopass appointment to get gc approval.

Generally people file an enquiry once their PD becomes current as well as the service center processing date is past their ND.

I am wondering if i could do the same once my service center processing date is past my ND (my pd is already current).

how do you file an enquiry? Write them a letter?

Our situation is slightly off the norm

WhyThisDelay said:

Our file was moved to the Manchester, NH field office (satelite location of Boston District Office). We were interviewed back in Dec 2005, and all formailities are complete (name check, FP, background check blah blah blah all done) The only reason why we have had to wait since Dec' 05 was the unavailability of VISA #s for our PD.
Once the PD got current, the officer asked us to come to the USCIS office, and the only way we could get in would be via Infopass.

Hope that explains

V