Time from RFE sent

zvdo2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello, Gurus:

I have a question regarding RFE.

My lawyer received RFE for my I485 case on June/24/2002. It was requesting for most recent pay stubs and the last two years W-2.

The RFE was sent to INS the next day. However nothing happened after that. I noticed that in this forum some guys posted within days the case was approved after RFE.

My AVM is still saying "FP received, case resumed...", not even mentioning the RFE has been initiated. So I could not get any clue from the AVM at this moment.

My questions are:
Does the simple fact that I received RFE means that my case has been assigned?

Can anybody give some light on how long does it take for the approval after I turned in the RFE?

Anybody think that calling IIO will do any help in this case?

Thanks in advance.

HI

Hi,

Don't worry your approval will come any moment. last week my friend got RFE and he replied immly. after 1 week INS approved his case.

I hope you will recevie soon.

Hi, thanks for the input.

Here comes more detail:

PD: 12/2000
RD: 08/2001
ND: 09/2001
FP notice: end of January 2002
FP done: 03/2002
The AVM never channged until early May 2002. It changed to "FP received and Case resumed".

RFE received by lawyer 06/24/2002 for pay stubs and last two years W-2.
RFE sent 06/25/2002
AVM message still "FP received and case resumed...."

Waiting for approval, finger crossed.

Job info for RFE

Have any of you folks changed jobs and made that information official in the RFE? I'm wondering whether that impacts the INS's turnaround time (i.e. will they take longer to process an RFE with job change info as opposed to one where you're at the same job).

Thanks!

I don't think that the fact that you have changed job will slow down anything. I changed job and moved across the country while waiting for approval. I got an RFE (in January), one document they asked for was a letter of employment from my new employer, and there was also some strange requests that probably were caused by that someone had mixed up the papers at the INS.
It only took about three weeks after RFE to get the approval, and the stamp in the passports. Just recently, we got our Green Cards in the mail.
cobwebs

Thanks!

Cobwebs:

Thanks for the repsonse! Your situation sounds just like mine and I am greatly encouraged.