Time from Interview to Landing Papers?

dildar

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to get the landing papers after the interview ?

.... dildar:confused: :confused:

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to get the landing papers after the interview ?
** From Where?
If your file is in Canadian Conulate in US then if you have cleared Interview, No problem with medicals, FBi clearnce / background check, and all Fees Paid. Then you can expect landing papers in 2-3 months time.

Thanks...

I applied at Buffalo and the interview was at Detroit.

The interviewing officer was really nice ...... said that we should expect to hear from them in 1.5~2 months ....... it's >> 2.5 months ..... so I was worried.

For others in the board , here's my details :

applied : Jan 01
AOR : Mar 01
Decision on Interview : May 01
Interview : Aug 02
Landing Paper/decision: Pending

ALMOST TWO YEARS...... :mad:

Anyone with interview around Aug 02 ?

Need your Help Dildar...

dildar,

I am sorry , I dont have any answer to your question. rather I have question for you.

1. Do you what is the criteria that who gets the interview who not ?

2. What kind of questions we could expect for interview ?

3. Did you do your medicals before interview ?

4. What are the papers or any other thing need to take along with you for interview ?

My details are :
applied : Oct-01
AOR : Nov-01
Intial Assesment came asking for interview : Nov-02
No Interview date has been given. Medical Papers are attached but I have been asked to wait for medicals to be done, once I get letter mentioning Exact Interview Date.

Thanks for response...

PRAD
:(

EVERYONE,

Good news at last ..... just came to know that my case has been approved !!

Answers for pkapur :

1. Do you what is the criteria that who gets the interview who not ?

no sir ...... sometimes if they have a question about the candidate...they ask for interview.... many a times it's an audit interview .... an interview to assess if the interview waiver process is working fine ....in other words these interviews are conducted on candidates that wold have normally got an waiver.....what a stupid way to f@#$% someone !! ..... anyway the best way to find out the reason why you have been called for an interview is to request a copy of your CAIPS notes..... you cannot ask for it though.... a canadian citizen will have to ask for the same.

2. What kind of questions we could expect for interview ?

depending upon why you have been called for the interview, the interview can be purely formal or concentrate to the specific reason why you have been called for the same....... generally it's related to your job.

3. Did you do your medicals before interview ?

yes , I did. I tried to get my medical done as late as possible ( as it gives the greatest margin for landing). generally it takes 30~45 days after medicals for the results to reach the consulate.... time it in a way that your results are at the consulate when you get there for the interview..... else unwanted delays.

4. What are the papers or any other thing need to take along with you for interview ?

I took every thing .... from my pay slips / bank statements /....... to even my utilities bills !! maybe I went for an over kill .... but you never know what they will ask for...... also make sure that you have an updated FBI clearence and if you are from india , they need a valid police clearence certificate from India too ( This is a new requirement - one of my friend's case was put on hold after interview as he did not have it) ...... remember that the FBI and PCC are valid only for 6 months after issue.

All the best and do not worry .......... :) :)

dildar

What a ;) Good news ;) for you .. SO your case has been approved !!

What a feeling of relief you would be having ... I just can not imagine(simple reason , I am not in your shoes..)

Lot of Congratulations from my side and others who are still hanging....

Also want to thank you for puting your time to answer my questions, Thanks..

I would like to further clarify some of them. ( if you please respond, would be greatly appreciated)

1. I had already requested for CAIPSnotes some time in Oct. first week thru my friend at Canda and I got the CAIPSnotes on 24 Oct.'02 but that did not mention anything related to interview. Also It does not mention about the points, I scored. It does not give any kind of hint that there is any problem, to my best of understanding.
(I got the initial assesment and letter stating about interview on Nov. 2nd, 2002, so which means CAIPSnotes must be giving status prior to the time when they decided for me for interview.)
So I do not know weather I should request another one or not ? Also I can not take another favour from my friend (who is friend's friend) to request for another CAIPSnotes ? So just confused what to do ?

2. It would be highy appreciated if you could recall the exact questions and any other paper they would have asked from you at the time of interview.
I know that everybody has different situation and everyone would have different interview questions too. but I am trying to collect the info. about what type of interview these guys go for ?

A). You mentioned about valid police clearence certificate from India too. Is this a requirement or you took it as a precaution.
Did you give the clearence certificate from India to the interviewer ?

B). What exactly the language should be there in poilce certificate from India, once I go ahead to get it made.

C). Did you also redo the FBI clearence and gave that to Interviewer ? Because I did my FBI clearence in September-2001 so definately they must have gone INVALID.

I know I have put in TOO MANY Questions.. but if you could answer to these that would be a great help to me and to the community.

Thanks ,

PRAD

:)

here's what my understanding is of your questions :

1. I had already requested for CAIPSnotes some time in Oct. first week thru my friend at Canda and I got the CAIPSnotes on 24 Oct.'02 but that did not mention anything related to interview. Also It does not mention about the points, I scored. It does not give any kind of hint that there is any problem, to my best of understanding.
(I got the initial assesment and letter stating about interview on Nov. 2nd, 2002, so which means CAIPSnotes must be giving status prior to the time when they decided for me for interview.)
So I do not know weather I should request another one or not ? Also I can not take another favour from my friend (who is friend's friend) to request for another CAIPSnotes ? So just confused what to do ?

I would guess that you might wait for a monthor two before you request another copy of the CAIPS.

2. It would be highy appreciated if you could recall the exact questions and any other paper they would have asked from you at the time of interview.
I know that everybody has different situation and everyone would have different interview questions too. but I am trying to collect the info. about what type of interview these guys go for ?

based on my experience and of other guys that I know of ...... they just try to verify the statements you have made in the application ....... one guy went there with an acturial experience .... so they asked him questions about property laws etc ...... the guy who was interviewed just after him was a mechanical engineer .... so the same officer asked him of questions from thermodynamics ....!!!! ... I guess the officer was just checking how comfortable you are with your chosen field ..... the mechnaical engineer told me that when he started to answer the question , he was stopped and the officer said that there's no need to answer the same and gave him the visa.... !!! sounds funny ?

A). You mentioned about valid police clearence certificate from India too. Is this a requirement or you took it as a precaution.
Did you give the clearence certificate from India to the interviewer ?

It is a requirement now. The letter they send for the interview mentions that persons from certain countries do not need to get the clearence ..... India used to be in that list when I had applied (Jan 01) but not anymore. Also last week one of my friend went to the interview ..... he was told that they will give him PR once he submits the clearence from India ...... So better take it.

When you go for the interview , they take all the relevant papers at the reception ... that's where you give them the clearence certificates.

B). What exactly the language should be there in poilce certificate from India, once I go ahead to get it made.

Do not bother about the wordings on the Police Clearence certificate (PCC)...... If you are an indian , just download a copy of the "Miscellaneous services form" from the website of indian consulate. Fill it up , attach copies of your passport, attach fees and send it to your the consulate that's responsible for the area of USA you live in. This has to be done for each person in the application.

Since , PCC is valid only for 6 months , I will suggest that you wait for the notification of actual interview date.

C). Did you also redo the FBI clearence and gave that to Interviewer ? Because I did my FBI clearence in September-2001 so definately they must have gone INVALID.

YES OFF COURSE . they mention that in the letter they send you for the interview date.

I know I have put in TOO MANY Questions.. but if you could answer to these that would be a great help to me and to the community.

No problem .... will be eager to help with all the questions ... i have been in the same boat and understand the tension and pain.

....... dildar