time from I-485 approval to Passport stamp

Cachon

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am sure this question has been asked many times but, I could not find an answer. Could you please help me? My I-485 was approved back in November 04 but it was lost (misfiled) for several months. Is it still usable to go to my local office to get my passport stamped?
Thaks for your response
Cachon

you should be able to get a stamp if its been approved or if you had a stamp in the past before. You may need to take a copy of the approval notice...if you have one.

Cachon said:
Hi,
I am sure this question has been asked many times but, I could not find an answer. Could you please help me? My I-485 was approved back in November 04 but it was lost (misfiled) for several months. Is it still usable to go to my local office to get my passport stamped?
Thaks for your response
Cachon

Do you have actual card with you?

Thanks you for your answers. No, I found my approval notice but it was issued back in Nov 04. I did not go to local office because I could not find it before. I finally found it so, my question is: Is this I797 still valid 7 months after?

Thanks again for your help

Cachon said:
Thanks you for your answers. No, I found my approval notice but it was issued back in Nov 04. I did not go to local office because I could not find it before. I finally found it so, my question is: Is this I797 still valid 7 months after?

Thanks again for your help

YES, its still valid. You have one year to get it stamped. Good Luck.

Others, correct me if I am wrong.