Time frame to recieve physical card

paguy

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My wife's GC was approved in Jan 2007. She completed Biometrics Code 2 on July 9, 2007. Please share your opinion about when she can recieve physical card.

Thanks
paguy.

Hello all,

My wife's GC was approved in Jan 2007. She completed Biometrics Code 2 on July 9, 2007. Please share your opinion about when she can recieve physical card.

Thanks
paguy.

You can clarify again when your wife's GC was approved ? Generally, it would take 2 weeks to get the card.

Her GC was approved in Jan 2007. We were waiting for Biometrics as the approval notice mentioned. Finally she got the Code 2 biometrics in July and we completed biometrics. We are still waiting for physical card. Not sure when we will get it.

Thanks
Paguy

Same here...

Hi Paguy,

My wife's case got approved in Jan 2007 and got the approval notice. After several months of inactivity, we followed up with USCIS and got a notice for FP (code 2) in July 2007. The next day following the finger printing, we got an e-mail where the status changed from 'Approval notice sent' to 'This case has been sent for a standard interview.'..and the weird thing is, the date in the body of the text says Oct 2006. Not exactly sure what that means.

Did you get the same message as we did?

Thanks!!

Her GC was approved in Jan 2007. We were waiting for Biometrics as the approval notice mentioned. Finally she got the Code 2 biometrics in July and we completed biometrics. We are still waiting for physical card. Not sure when we will get it.

Thanks
Paguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paguy,

My wife's case got approved in Jan 2007 and got the approval notice. After several months of inactivity, we followed up with USCIS and got a notice for FP (code 2) in July 2007. The next day following the finger printing, we got an e-mail where the status changed from 'Approval notice sent' to 'This case has been sent for a standard interview.'..and the weird thing is, the date in the body of the text says Oct 2006. Not exactly sure what that means.

Did you get the same message as we did?

Thanks!!

That is so weird. I think you should take an infopass appt to check with an immigration officer as to what caused it

Hi GCDE02,

Strange. In our case, the message "Approval notice sent" was changed to "case transferred to vermont service center.....". We had recieved the same "case transferred message to vermont service center....." back in March 2005. The current case status specifes the same message that we recieved back in Mach 2005.

We called up customer service, they said nothing to worry and we will get the card within 60 days.

Did you try calling customer service for their opinion?

Thanks
Paguy

Hi Paguy

I spoke to an IO and she suggested that we take an Infopass to sort this out. Did the USCIS Rep that you spoke to suggest something similar?

I'd appreciate your response.

Thanks!
GCDE02

Hi GCDE02,

Strange. In our case, the message "Approval notice sent" was changed to "case transferred to vermont service center.....". We had recieved the same "case transferred message to vermont service center....." back in March 2005. The current case status specifes the same message that we recieved back in Mach 2005.

We called up customer service, they said nothing to worry and we will get the card within 60 days.

Did you try calling customer service for their opinion?

Thanks
Paguy

Hi ,
My case was approved in July 2006. I havent yet recd the card. I kept calling USCIS. They said it can take upto 1 yr. After a yr I went again to get my passprt stamped at the local office.
The officer sent an email to USCIS regarding non-receipt of card. Still no resonse. Sometime back I called the 1800 no and they transferred my call to an officer who took all info from me.
In a week I got a reply that they had mailed my card in July 2006 itself and since I didnt receive it I should apply for replacement card along with the filing fees.

Hi hope74,

Thanks for your post. Did the online status of your case change in July 2006, when they mailed you the card? What is the current status now? Just to be sure, you might want to ensure that USCIS has your current address on record.

Hi paguy,

Any updates on your case?

Thank you both for sharing.

Yes the msg changed to case transferred to TSC. I checked the address they have my updated address. Hopefully now that I have applied for replacement card. I should get it soon.:)
Thanks

same thing happened to my case trasferred after approval notice

we gave our Bios code 2 today and my approval message since 9/6 changed to Transferred to TSC on Mar 7, 2007. I got the LUD and two CRIS emails.

thanks