• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Time For Preparing My Green Card

andryuxa1985

Registered Users (C)
Hi!
i going to us next moth to get my green card! :)

i have a questions:

1) to rich my destination at US (NC) i need to change a plane at NY. as i know, i have to make all the documents at NY. so the question is how mush time it takes to make a documents? i dont want to miss my plane to NC.

2) when i get my green card, can i leave US after 2 weeks? i need to finish my studies in my country i live now, and then i back to US

3) is it right, that it's enough to come to US only once in the year, to save my green card?

thanks

Hi!
i going to us next moth to get my green card! :)

i have a questions:

1) to rich my destination at US (NC) i need to change a plane at NY. as i know, i have to make all the documents at NY. so the question is how mush time it takes to make a documents? i dont want to miss my plane to NC.

2) when i get my green card, can i leave US after 2 weeks? i need to finish my studies in my country i live now, and then i back to US

3) is it right, that it's enough to come to US only once in the year, to save my green card?

thanks

1) I would say from 1 hour to 4 hours...it all depends how busy the airport is and how many flights land at that time and also weather and other problems you might encounter. For example you will need extra time for processing the documents of your DV GC and also you might need more time for customs. Weather could delay you if there is a storm your flight might take longer to land and many other flights at the same time also which will create a bigger congestion at the immigration lines coming from multiple flights at one time. so do take these factors in consideration.

2) Once you get your green card you can leave right away

3) if you plan to not be present in usa for over a year then you can apply for a reentry permit which allow you to stay for 2 years outside usa and still come back with your GC being valid. I advice you to look more into getting that reentry permit and make sure not abuse your GC...Remember its a privilege not a right.