Time for H1B premium process and probabilities

jpiacqua

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
At this time there is a small company software in California which is sponsoring me for a H1-B visa. They contracted a lawyer and the lawyer said that now (after 09/11 and almost without INS because the changing rules) our process is complex to be carried out. Is it true?
Besides that I have not a bachelor degree. I have studied 2 years in the university, with several engineering certificates and certified coursses and 10 years working in the computers science field. Have I some chances?, how much time does it late to be processed?
Many thanks in advance!
Regards,

Juan

No Title

hi

i dont think 9/11 has anything to do with it as long as your case is legitimate ie you have a employer who needs your services and is willing to sponsor you and you have the necessary qualifications for the job you are going to perform and the wages given by the employer meet the prevailing wage rate. I would suggest switching your lawyer to someone more competent and does not give lame excuses but rather works on getting the job done.

hi

Thank you very much, Anand.
I have not a bachelor degree, do you think anyway there is not going to be any problemes??
How much time should late a H1-B premium process at this time?

Regards.

No Title

Hi I think it is important to prove that you have a BS equivalency by getting your qualifications evaluated by an evaluations institute in the US before filing your LCA. This is important because a h1 requires a BS or equivalent qualification. As far as premium processing it takes 15 days to process I believe.

Evaluations

The previous post is exactly correct. You should have an evaluation done on your education and experience. Normally, evaluators will give one year of college level credit for every three years of experience. Only the evaluator can say for sure but it seems to me that you probably will make it.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq

Thank you! and something else...

Anand and Jim, thank you very very much!!!

Besides that I wanted to know if there is more time involved because the BS equivalences certification. How much time else do you calculate?