Time for decision on RFE

sriramrengan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I received a RFE from VSC for employment letter on 02/18/2001. Rfe reply
received by VSC on 03/02/2001. How long does it take for VSC to decide
after receiving RFE. Does the processing time vary based on country?

My Details
PD: Nov 18 1997
485 ND: Sep 16 1999
Any thought is welcome.

Thanks

No Title

It took me 13 days only to get the approval... in some casees on this board it is from 5 days to 30 days.. but mostley it takes less then two weeks... don\'t worry you are very very close to approval.

No Title

My RFE (Employment letter) was received by the VSC on 02/15 (according to AVM).PD 4/97 EB-2 India.I am still waiting for my approval

No Title

There was a name change initially (Pre I-140 stage).I-140 was filed with the changed name.

No Title

Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs. In my case I have been always with one company. Most of the people who get the approval within 3 weeks seem to come from other countries. Most from India seem to wait for more than 2 months for a decision. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards

No Title

Hi Sriram,

What you mean by EB3 case being up graded to Eb2? Do you mean that your lawyer applied in EB3 and the INS approve your I140 in EB2 ??
Plz advise ....

No Title

It took me exactly 2 weeks from the date I mailed out RFE.
 From others post, normally it took about 2-4 weeks, but some one did take more than a couple of months.
 Any way, you will get it. GOOD LUCK!

No Title

This is all depends to the officer who is reviewing the case. I saw from one week to three months. In my case INS received RFE on 21st of Feb.

No Title

Hi PrinceofPersia

I had originally filed in EB3 category. I then got I140 and labor done in EB2 and put in my new EB2 I140 for my 485.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks all

No Title

That sounds right !!!
B\'cause in my case my labour approval has three years experince and a Bachelor\'s degree . But my I140 was approved as EB2.
Even though i had five years experience when my I140 was approved, i am not sure how my case will be treated ?
Thanxs!!!