Time betwn FP notice and Appointment date for FP?

sxm24

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Can you share your experience on this?
Lets say you get FP notice on a particular date. Do you have approx. 3 weeks or 4 weeks for the appointment date?
(I am in Bay area, San Francisco/San Jose, California).
Thank you.

No Title

This seems to be ranging from less than 5 days(?) to 1.5 months. Is this how it is really?
Any other persons can share their experiences...Appreciate it.
Thank you very much for your time in giving me the information.

No Title

What I meant is 6 weeks between the moment I received the FP notice in the mail and the time I did the FP. I am not sure if all the people refer to the same duration ....

No Title

The tims varies from 3 days to two months. One
folk actually missed the appointment when he
got a notice with only a 3-day window. However,
you can still have your FP taken every Wednesday
afterwards if you miss the appointment, which
is stated in the notice.

ciba

No Title

I think the time depends on the local ins office, if they are busy, then you probably will wait a little longer.

No Title

I live in Cupertino - received my FP notice on 3/9 and my FP date was 4/19 at INS office on Story(near McLaughlin)

My friends (husband & wife) who live in Sunnyvale - got the FP notice on 3/15(husband, dependent applicant) & 3/16(wife, applicant) and their FP date was 3/30(for both of them) at SFO!!

Another thing to note is that they filed their AOS application almost 6 weeks after I did!! We are all still waiting for our approval.

So, basically this shows how randomly INS works.

No Title

I appreciate each and everyone of your response.
Ciba, Question for you:
Why is it that if you can go on any Wed afterwards, then people are so worried abt missing their FP appointment?
Can you clarify?
Thanks.