Time between interview and getting Landing Papers

shahryar hussain

Registered Users (C)
I have Attended an interview about one month ago and it seems satisfactory
to me. I have also deposited my landing fee after interview. Now can anybody please inform me how long it can take to get the landing papers? Does they send it by any registered/certified mail?

Jahan

I\'m interested in your question.

Also, could you tell me how long did it take from the application to the interview? do you know if I can wait this period in Canada, as a \'tourist\'?
Thanks.

No Title

WHICH COSULATE you attended the interview?

I know about only NYC cosulate, if you passed your Interview and Medical are Ok and recieved by them from OTTAWA and your background /Security is cleared then they normally issue Landing papers in 4 to 6 weeks, If the want to refuse they will NOT take the landing fee at time of Interview or if they want to reject they normaly send rejection letter after one week of interview. They send it by NORMAL POST not by registred or certified .This is exp of NYC others I do not know.
Good Luck!!

Jahan

Thanks a lot.

Thank you very much. I appeared in NY Consulate for interview. So your information about time frame will at least subside my anxiety.

It can take..................

Mike,

It can take 12-13 months, so far as I know. By this time you should not stay in Canada officially, as per one of my friend\'s opinion(who normally have much knowledge about immigration than me). However I am not sure enough about it.

Can you tell us the timeline of your application?

Would you tell us how long did you wait after buffalo letter before interview?

I thought that you applied as independent category

Maybe you was not in independant category and didn\'t apply at Buffalo, NY. If you was, I mean the assessment letter which tells you need interview. Thank you.

It took 9 months

Danny,

I am indeed an indipendent applicant. I got the asessment letter in December,2000 and appeared interview in September,2001. So it took 9 months.

I want to get a job there.

And what about the time from applying and the letter for interview? also, if I get a job there, couldn\'t I go right after this with a temporary visa? does anyone know any headhunter in toronto?
Sorry for all questions, thanks.

Anybody please help me

If after 6 weeks of interview and depositing landing fee , I haven\'t get any landing papers and I am worried whether it missed on the way of mailng, Can I contact consulate for asking whereabouts of my interview outcome/landing paper?
Would it have any negetive impact on processing of my application?

If there is a way for asking consulate without affecting processing of application, what is the best one?

If there is one, can anybody please advise me?