Time between DOA and FP letter?

tonki12

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
How much time usually passes between getting the receipt notice and the FP letter?
Receipt issued on 11/19, received by me 11/26 -- When should I start to worry?

Thanks
Tonki12

Tonki12, I have not recd my notice yet but was able to get my case status online today and it said that they recd the applicaton on 11/06 when actually my application was recieved by VSC on 8/7/2007. I see the same thing has happened to you too!!

I am not sure what this means. This will be really bad if they are now catching up and have other applications that were mailed in (lets say) October being processed on time...it could be possible that the October application would have a received date earlier than your application that was mailed in August !!!!!! Isn't this crazy !!!!

yes, that is what is says online in my case too BUT the receipt letter indicates *correct* PD, so don't worry yet :)) it will probably be ok.

what city are you in.
I guess it depends on the district office and on their workload.

Checking signatures on the forum and on trackers, it seems the average difference between NOA and FP date is 20-30 days.

So what happenes after you receive you NOA? Does you case go to local office?
Does anyone know?

So what happenes after you receive you NOA? Does you case go to local office?
Does anyone know?

I used to think so, but now I've come to the conclusion that the local offices are used only for finger-printing and interview locations, the main processing work still probably goes on at the Service Centers. (I'm guessing).

How busy our local office is, and how well staffed, is bound to determine the time scale of processing though.