Time between 'card production ordered' update and actual GC arrival

madhuri_dhar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience/idea as to how long does it take for the actual card to arrive in the mail after online status changes to 'Card production ordered'?

We just got an online update (on 2/25 and 2/28) saying that our card production has been ordered. No 'welcome letter sent' update though. We are travelling outside the country in next 15 days and wondering if we would receive th actual card by then?

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

I would make an appointment at the Local DO just in case the card does not show up and ask for a I-551 stamp.

Also what kind of application is this? If it's I-751 then you can travel with your expired card and 1 year extension letter. If it's a I-485, I am not sure what you can do.

Thanks for your reply PraetorianXI, twopac3

My husband is on advance parole. So i guess he can travel on that if we don't get the card in the mail by then.

But i like the idea of getting I-551 stamp. However i have a question. We have only received an online update so far, no 'welcome letter' in the mail as such. Can they stamp the passport at the local DO based on the email update?

Also, in case the passport doesn't get stamped, can he leave the country on advance parole but then enter on GC? (assuming GC arrives in the mail soon after we leave but then someone here mails it to us in India)?

thanks!

madhuri_dhar, the I-551 stamp policies seems to vary widely from one DO to another, so your best bet is probably to make an appointment and try. Since your husband was approved, he can no longer use AP, so USCIS should provide him with the I-551 stamp to travel, and they could do this anytime after his approval (but what they require and if they will give you a stamp at all is up to your DO). Bring your tickets as proof that you need the stamp, that's about the best you can do.

Someone sending the GC is of course a possibility. I don't think USCIS will know (or care) that he left without GC but certainly they'd want him to show it when he comes back. The risk would be that it could get lost in the mail.

Hi,

I am in the same situation as madhuri is. I got my card production ordered email on 2/28/2008 and no welcome email. I went to my DO with the copy of the update and asked them to stamp my passport. The IO said what's the use of stamping if you are going to get the GC in mail and he did not stamp the passport. I still cannot believe that I came out of that horrible name check thing. I am not celebrating till I get my GC in mail :(.

Neha

Hi:

It took me 12 days to receive a physical card. USCIS emailed and mailed me one welcome letter. Twice on LUD - card production order. No LUD for Approval Notice.

Hi:

It took me 12 days to receive a physical card. USCIS emailed and mailed me one welcome letter. Twice on LUD - card production order. No LUD for Approval Notice.

I have not received my welcome email until now. Is that something to worry about? Also I do not have any updates or LUD on I-130, is that common?

Thanks,
Neha

I received an email today saying approval notice sent :). Just cant wait to see my GC in mail now. I still have no updates on I-130?? Is that ok?

Pls advice

Neha

It's almost a month since my approval (got passport stamped) and I haven't received anything from USCIS.

i dont have any LUDs or emails , i have a stamp on my passport and confirmation from the local office and the officer who interviewd me when I called him last friday

yahooooooooooooooooooo

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo finally got emails , card prod ordered

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 6, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

130 also approved

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience/idea as to how long does it take for the actual card to arrive in the mail after online status changes to 'Card production ordered'?

We just got an online update (on 2/25 and 2/28) saying that our card production has been ordered. No 'welcome letter sent' update though. We are travelling outside the country in next 15 days and wondering if we would receive th actual card by then?

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

It took me 5 days after that message....