Thumb Rule - I-485 approval (approx) 180 days from Finger Printing at VSC

lca123

Registered Users (C)
Guys - What do you think?

It normally takes six months from the time of your Fingerprinting to get your I-485 approval.

This is because i think the FingerPrinting notices are only valid for 6 months and VSC processes them almost around the six month mark. Is this a reasonable thumb rule to follow?

Regards

nonsense!

My FP was in Jan 31 2002 and my RD was Dec 2002. You think with my RD 12/2001 I can get approved next month, according to your 180-day-rule?!

Aslo, you think those July or Auguest filers, some of whom just got FP very recently, should wait for another 180 days?

You got to think of something on the basis of fact!

Not True

Approvals are not based on FP dates. FP is valid for more than one year (I guess 15 or 18 months something like That). it goes by RD (or ND as some IIOs say).

No Title

Moral of the story - All thumb rule arguments for VSC stick out like a sore thumb. A middle finger rule may be more appropriate for what they are doing to us.

Dont be angry. Remember I mentioned Thumb rule

Since your FP was in end Jan add 180 days and you should get an approval by end August. If you do come back to this board and let us know.

FP validity

Fingerprints are valid for 1 full year - don\'t know where the 6 months thing came from - have seen several people mention it, so I asked my attorney. She said they are valid for 1 year.

No that is not true.

My FP was done in October of 2001. I should have got a new FP request by now. Well, it actually is valid for 1 year.

Some said 18 months which is 1 yr & 6 months, barana probably dropped that 1 yr -- just a though

FP is valid for 15 months

The following is from a murthy.com bulletin dated 05/17/02...
"Please note that, as fingerprints for immigration purposes expire after 15 months, applicants whose cases are still pending from 1999 and 2000 have to be fingerprinted again. TSC is therefore in the process of scheduling these applicants for new prints."

why do u say 6 months or 15 months........Do you think finger prints change after every few months..

To Bond & Bandra

INS takes fingerprints to check with FBI whether you have commited any crime. Imagine the embarrasement to US Govt if someone commits serious crime in last 6 months and his case gets approved (Like Mohd. Atta).

Wrong

Here is what I found:

Inter-Agency Record Checks,
FBI Fingerprint Response
At the time of adjudication, the file will contain a screen print of either FBI Query or the CLAIMS-based MRD Fingerprint Tracking System to indicate the present status of the fingerprint checks. Fingerprints may be requested prior to relocation according to local policy. The response is valid for 15 months from the date the FBI processed the fingerprints.
A definitive response from the FBI regarding fingerprint clearances is
required before the application can be approved or transferred to the local
office for interview. The chart below will assist you in determining how the
case should be handled based on the response received from the FBI.
IF the printout shows… THEN can…
The FBI response description as
NON-IDENT
Continue processing the I-485 as the
fingerprints have cleared.
The FBI response description as
IDENT
Relocate the file once all other
evidence is contained in the record, as
the applicant must be interviewed. A
rap sheet must be included in the file
before relocation. If not, send the file
to the appropriate POC.
The FBI has REJECTED two sets
of prints for any reason
Relocate the file once all other
evidence is contained in the record, as
the District Office will have to
adjudicate this case.
Abandonment
Denials for
Fingerprints
Applicants who do not appear at the ASC for fingerprinting within the time
frame allowed them will be denied as we consider this an abandonment of
their application for failure to appear. If you encounter a case that has been
previously scheduled and 120 days have lapsed since the first day they were
scheduled, you must prepare an abandonment denial.