three months after interview no oath notice but need to move to other state

mar_case

Registered Users (C)
what should I do? Can I go ahead and move. When receiving oath notice, come back and take oath? My husband will stay in the current state. I called the 800 number but was told to wait patiently until receiving oath notice. However when asked how long it could take, got "cannot tell" and hung up immediately.

what should I do? Can I go ahead and move. When receiving oath notice, come back and take oath? My husband will stay in the current state. I called the 800 number but was told to wait patiently until receiving oath notice. However when asked how long it could take, got "cannot tell" and hung up immediately.

Go for Infopass if the DO is close by and check with them... you should get it soon... Yeha if you keep the present address then I don't think you will have any problem. Let's see what the experienced friends here say...

I agree with GhantaBro. If your husband will remain in the current residence then technically you will have two residences and you can come back and take the oath (whenever USCIS gets around to sending you an invite). I would however refrain from changing your driver's license until you naturalize.

Went to Infopass told and was told my case

is under final review. When asked how long it could take, she said hopefully in June. Then I asked what happened if I have to work in different state, she said as long as I am still a resident in the current state, it would be fine. My priority date is March 2007. First they denied my application for not having my finger print after 6 months. Then it turned out that at the very beginning, the A number on my green card was wrong! How could I know? I have been using this A number since 2001 without knowing it and went back to my home country four times without any problem ! Luckily they agree to reopen my case, and now it must the same reason my case is under final review again ! Does anybody know when take oath, do I need to show my driver's license? I plan to buy a new car in the new state, don't want to waste about extra $1000 for switching registrations between the two states.

is under final review. When asked how long it could take, she said hopefully in June. Then I asked what happened if I have to work in different state, she said as long as I am still a resident in the current state, it would be fine. My priority date is March 2007. First they denied my application for not having my finger print after 6 months. Then it turned out that at the very beginning, the A number on my green card was wrong! How could I know? I have been using this A number since 2001 without knowing it and went back to my home country four times without any problem ! Luckily they agree to reopen my case, and now it must the same reason my case is under final review again ! Does anybody know when take oath, do I need to show my driver's license? I plan to buy a new car in the new state, don't want to waste about extra $1000 for switching registrations between the two states.

So inefficient.... this tells us that there is something missing in the port when they check for GC on our return from international travel??? If it was wrong why would they not catch it??? No wonder people like Atta and Reid pass that barrage...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gezus..why make this all complicated? Move if you need to. When your husband gets Oath letter,he'll let you know and you can go do your Oath. Who cares you moved? And who switches car registrations?..oh..probably same people who change their address on their driver License within 10 days of moving..:) ..

I waited for oath letter for a month - then called USCIS customer service number. They were of no use. Then took infopass and went to local office. They gave me oath letter on the spot. I went on a Monday and they gave me Oath Letter for Friday. Just go to local office personally.

There is one more possibility, your interview is Over does not mean your background check is complete. If so you mandatorily have to wait till yourbackground check is complete. There are offices which have only once a month Oath !! If that is the case also oath may get delayed. In any case just take infopass and talk to them personally.

Relax

I agree with user2345. Just moveeeee. Unless you are planning to get a divorce from this husband, he will let you know when the letter comes in. Just move and dont be one of those nerds who change the license in ten days.
Whooooo Cares.....Just move and enjoy life.

I'd be interested in finding out how things turn out for you. My interview is in 3 weeks but we'll probably be moving out of state in July or early August, so I may be in a similar situation soon.

I agree with user2345. Just moveeeee. Unless you are planning to get a divorce from this husband, he will let you know when the letter comes in. Just move and dont be one of those nerds who change the license in ten days.
Whooooo Cares.....Just move and enjoy life.

If a cop stops you for some reason and checks your license, they can hold you for not having updated your address if it is more than say 30 days. So, this advice of "dont change your address on the license" is not a good advice.

You can ofcourse try and lie to the cop, but that can only make things tricky if there are other questions asked etc.