Thread to Track Folks who have sent RFE response

Dear Folks,
May all of you get GC ASAP.

got RFE from NSC but the letter not yet received in lawyer's office. Lawyer is saying it is a medical issue. I am guessing it is about TB skin test because my doctor wrote : "skin test-not done" "X ray -Normal" in the medical form.
But I think TB skin was positive because of BCG .
Did any of you get RFE on same issue ? If yes, what did you do ?

Call NSC to send a copy to yr home address. Then, you go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question after RFE

Guys,

I have sent an RFE and it has been just 3 weeks. I know more guys are waiting since 2 months. Question is

While I am also waiting for I-485 approval from USCIS, I am actively looking for a good job using EAD and a couple of them that I am liked. Since I have already sent an RFE that includes employment letter, paystub from the current employer who sponsered my GC, Should it be a problem if I change my employer? I am sick of this employer and have been wanting to get rid off him sooner.

Your suggestion please.

I dont think there is any problem

you can change companies using AC-21 right after 180 after filing 485. I dont think it is a problem changing employers now.

Now that you have sent your RFE folks might suggest that you need not file your AC-21 but I would do it if you dont see your GC soon just in case there another RFE (which is highly unlikely but possible).

if you like the new companny and you meet salary and job description requirements I would go for such opportunities.

Guys,

I have sent an RFE and it has been just 3 weeks. I know more guys are waiting since 2 months. Question is

While I am also waiting for I-485 approval from USCIS, I am actively looking for a good job using EAD and a couple of them that I am liked. Since I have already sent an RFE that includes employment letter, paystub from the current employer who sponsered my GC, Should it be a problem if I change my employer? I am sick of this employer and have been wanting to get rid off him sooner.

Your suggestion please.

Any news anyone

Any news anyone here?

almost everyone that I know is getting their approval from Nebraska Service Center.

supply demand: I thought my RFE response was, already, on the adjudicator`s desk, even getting my status letter showing that my case is on review and wait 60 days. What do you think?

it initially goes to the processing center

my local congressman's office had made an inquiry about a month ago and confirmed that my response was in the "processing center".

this is the place where all applications go to before they get to the adjudicator's desk. The 60 days wait letter is a standard letter.

From the processing center it goes to the adjudicator's desk and then waits a while while he/she gets to it and decides to approve the application. So you could either get it sooner or may have to wait beyond the 60 day period.

supply demand: I thought my RFE response was, already, on the adjudicator`s desk, even getting my status letter showing that may case is on review and wait 60 days. What do you think?

adjudicator ?

my local congressman's office had made an inquiry about a month ago and confirmed that my response was in the "processing center".

this is the place where all applications go to before they get to the adjudicator's desk. The 60 days wait letter is a standard letter.

From the processing center it goes to the adjudicator's desk and then waits a while while he/she gets to it and decides to approve the application. So you could either get it sooner or may have to wait beyond the 60 day period.

Who is Adjudicator ? is the officer that interview u ?
Is the adjudicator office is at the uscis local office or National Benefit Center ?

This way, they can still be finishing review or already, sand it to the man`s desk.
I am really hopping, if "it has been assigned to an officer for review", that a visa number is allocated to my case and I don't become victim of retrogression again.

Oh God....No more approval till October ---

Please read this....

UPDATE ON JULY VISA AVAILABILITY

The sudden backlog reduction efforts by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices during the past month have resulted in the use of almost 60,000 Employment numbers. As a result of this unexpected action it has been necessary to make immediate adjustments to several previously announced cut-off dates. All Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices have been notified of the following:

Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations in response to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation have been made available.

Employment preference numbers will once again be available to these chargeability areas beginning October 1, 2007, under the FY-2008 annual numerical limitation.

Department of State Publication 9514
CA/VO: July 2, 2007

Do folks with RFE have visa numbers allocated

when do visa numbers get allocated to cases? For folks with RFE are visa number assigned to cases?

USCIS says they have almost reached the 60,000 limit for these immigrant visas (thanks for NSC and TSC I believe). I was wondering if folks with outstanding RFEs have available visa numbers associated with their cases or if they too have to wait till Oct. to get any movement on their cases.

God knows...
Is any one of u tried to call VSC for an update of your case?
I an tring to call them from Friday and they r not giving me any info only telling me to call CSR and open a service request.
I think probably that means no more visas available and they r just suggesting for SR.

suply_demand: Did you call VSC? Your case is over 60 days after RFE response.
* visa number is allocated when case is pulled and assigned to an officer.

Called VSC today

I called VSC today. Got an officer at VSC. She basically I think said your case is waiting to be assigned to an officer/or is with an officer -- I dint really understand what she said. I did not really push her to totally understand where my case is (as she was not a CSR but an officer) but she basically said your case is in the correct path..so dont worry about it.

I will try to call VSC again toward the end of the week and will post if I learn anything new.

good luck to everyone.

suply_demand: Did you call VSC? Your case is over 60 days after RFE response.
* visa number is allocated when case is pulled and assigned to an officer.

I called VSC today. Got an officer at VSC. She basically I think said your case is waiting to be assigned to an officer/or is with an officer -- I dint really understand what she said. I did not really push her to totally understand where my case is (as she was not a CSR but an officer) but she basically said your case is in the correct path..so dont worry about it.

I will try to call VSC again toward the end of the week and will post if I learn anything new.

good luck to everyone.

You must call frequently to enforce this officer to close your case.

I think, every case in our situation, is already with an officer, the same one that issued the RFE. This man is the same that went to the dusty room [loaded of old cases with security checks/NC cleared], with visas numbers in his pocket, and grabbed our case. But, this man has so many cases in his desk that takes 60 or more days to close one. He may work in a bunch of cases at the same time.
What did happen with our friend? He called on tuesday, officer said: I`m going to pull out your case. Then, he called on thursday, officer said: your case is with an officer [of course, the same one that talk to him on tuesday]. Ok, after fri, sat, sun, mon night he got an e-mail of approval notice sent.
Basically, an officer received my RFE response and left on his desk. When he touch it again and he is happy with all the contents, he `ll take about a week to close and send me an approval e-mail. Oh, well!

HAPPY HOLLIDAYS TO ALL!

Approved!!!

My 485 has been approved. I received this approval mail this morning.
Thanks and all the best to everyone

got an email around 11 am

got an automated email around 11 am. Nothing in the mail so far -- but yesterday they said they haev sent the approval letter. Today they have said that they have ordered the production of the card for me

wish you good luck. I believe your approval is not too far.

Did you get a mail in the morning, an e-mail by 3pm
or both? If you got a mail, what`s the approval date on it?

Call IO

Guys,

When you called VSC to inquire about staus after having sent an RFE, how was the response? I called last week and I think it was an IO who picked up the phone told me not to ask about status of the case. She refused to tell me anything. It has been 35 days since I sent an RFE.

What way you guys asked when you had called?

Guys,

When you called VSC to inquire about staus after having sent an RFE, how was the response? I called last week and I think it was an IO who picked up the phone told me not to ask about status of the case. She refused to tell me anything. It has been 35 days since I sent an RFE.

What way you guys asked when you had called?

Call again tomorrow. Try diferent times. I had good answers b4, calling by 10 am, coincidently, on wednesday.
If you get a nice one, ask for :
1- case lost or in normal proscessing queue?
2- visa number allocated?
3- case is assigned to an officer?
4- when, can expect decision?
See ya.