Thread for interview in LA local INS, how long

luckwaiter

Registered Users (C)
My case had been transferred to LA local INS. The lawer said it would take one year to be scheduled. He suggested to inform INS to transfer the file to San Diego since we just relocated to San Diego. Is it a good idea?
How long it will take to get the interview in San Diego?
Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Any body have interview in SAn Diego local INS?

How long it will take to get scheduled in San Diego?
Please post your experience. Thanks!

No Title

I don\'t have experience in San Diego. You can check ciba\'s site to get an idea.
http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/Intvw.htm
In San Diego, the time to get scheduled should be less than in LA. But you need to take into account the time spent on transfer, which may not be short.
My case was transferred to LA in 10/01. In early Nov, I went to INS Santa Ana Office in Orange County and asked them to transfer my case to Santa Ana because I moved to Orange County. They agreed to transfer for me. At the end of December, I went to Santa Ana office to check status. They said my file was still in LA. On the same day, my previous address received interview notice from LA, then I immediately went back to Santa Ana to cancel the transfer. So it took only 2 months to receive interview notice from LA. But I think my case may not be typical. For most people on this board and ciba\'s site, it took well over half year to get interview in LA.

Thanks Junc

You are so luck. Could you please tell me how did you request your file transfer? Did you send the request to LA INS or just go to Santa Ana.
I live in Orange County too I do not know why my file was sent to LA local.
Could you please post more of your case. Thanks again

No Title

I am not so lucky if you consider that I have been struggling for GC for over 4 yrs and my 485 is still pending even after the interview.

To request a transfer, I had a walk-in visit to Santa Ana office, told the officer I moved to Orange county and asked the officer to transfer my 485 interview from LA to SA. I showed him my I485 transfer notice and my phone bill, which had my orange county address on in. He took down my address and agreed to place a file transfer request. He said this would take about 4 weeks and he would send me a letter when they received my file from LA. But more than one month passed and I still didn\'t receive the letter, so I went there again to check status. At this time, LA office had actually sent me the interview notice.

It is not necessary to go to LA office to make the request. LA office is too crowded. The reason your file was transferred to LA is probably you used an LA address when you filed 485. Is that right? But it is also possible you were transferred to LA even if you used an Orange county address.

thanks junc...

it\'s look like that my case is going to be transferd to la office based on my location and also i have filed I-485 using 245i.

your suggestins helps people like us to figure out the approx waiting time .

thanks junc for providing valuable info.

thanks junc again

It seems I should go to San Diego INS as early as possible.
Your experience is very helpful. Thanks again! We expect your good news.

junc- I485 transfer notice?

Was this the notice CSC sent you after they transfer your case?

Just learned my case was transferred to LA for an interview. I may do the same as you did - ask a transfer to Santa Ana.

Did you have an attorney in the interview?

No Title

CSC will send you a transfer notice if your case gets transferred to a local office for an interview. My case got transferred on 10/11/01 according to AVM. About one or two weeks later, I received the notice.
Yes, I had my lawyer to accompany me to the interview.
Good luck.