Thought of "XXXX Review" is....

ac_hurdle

Registered Users (C)
Here is I guess what exactly "XXXX Review" is.....

We knew that there are several checks that USCIS is conducting for immigration/non-immi petitions. Few of them are FBI Namecheck, FBI Fingerprints check, IBIS checks etc....

1.FBI Namecheck may take from few days to morethan couple years....
2.FBI Fingerprint checks will be completed in two days (one week maximum).....valid for 15 months only
3.Lastly IBIS checks (Interagency Border Inspection System) which has a network database from multiple agencies and managed by CBP.....It is a database of lookouts, wants, warrants, arrests, and convictions consolidated from over 20 agencies...... (Note: this will be valid 90 days only....So the Adjudicator will run query at the time of filing and at the time of adjudication....so they will do this atleast two times per applicant if they haven't adjudicated in 90 days)....

I assume Adjudicator needs all of above checks should be done before starting the adjudication....Say, person's FBI Namecheck has been completed, FBI fingerprints are valid, PD is current and Adjudicator queried IBIS DB to take a decision.....then here I observed two scenarios.....

1. IBIS returns "No Hit" results (I don't know exactly what it returns, but I used "No Hit" for no criminal background persons....just for an example) then Adjudicator starts the processing.....means open the file and look at all requirements etc.....

2. If it returns "Hit" obiviously they will put an enquiry/investigation on the persons history....

Anyhow there is one more hurdle for few persons after completed all of these checks with clean record.....that is "FDNS IO".... thats where I think all these Administrative/Under/Additional/External/Internal Reviews"......

FDNS is the Fraud Detection and National Security system which is combined with USCIS and working together with USICE. The creation of FDNS unit is allowing USCIS to work closely with the appropriate law enforcement entities in responding to national security hits on aliens who pose a threat to national security or public safety, and for identifying systemic fraud in the application process. It is also leading the enhancement of USCIS' background check process, which is aimed at identifying applicants, beneficiaries, and petitioners who pose a threat to national security and public safety prior to granting them immigration benefits.

If Adjudicator detects/believes that there is some fraud in applicant/petitioner/attorney history then they will forward this information to FDNS for further checks to clarify their doubts (OR) sometimes USCIS and FDNS will pick some applications randomly....

Now FDNS will do some basic search....if they don't find anything here then they even go to field investigation....There is no appropriate time limit for this to be complete the checks and send results back to original Adjudicator..... Adjudicator won't touch this file until he/she gets results from FDNS/ICE.....

For example:

To find out the person's marriage is legitimate, some times FDNS will do the field investigation whether they lived together really....

To find out the employment offer, some times officers will do the investigation about the employer's legitimate offer of employment (even though you submitted EVL) and Tax records (don't tell me it will be done in I-140 stage only).....

FDNS even queries to different USCIS offices for clarifying the document fraud....(like DL, SSN and IRS etc)....

Ofcourse this will not happen to everyone..... only some percentage of innocent applicats will face along with real fraudalent applicants....

PS: Do not assume the above theory is 100% right/reliable....I just guess what it is.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is I guess what exactly "XXXX Review" is.....

(OR) sometimes USCIS and FDNS will pick some applications randomly....

I don't see any reason from above for my case.
My attorney told last year it self (as soon as he heard of Ext. Review) they will periodcally select some files for internal auditing. I strongly feel that they would have randomly selected some old files.

I don't see any reason from above for my case.
My attorney told last year it self (as soon as he heard of Ext. Review) they will periodcally select some files for internal auditing. I strongly feel that they would have randomly selected some old files.

I think your file was picked in random order....if they queried on something to different agency or themselves that takes sometime....

say for example, if they call your university/past or present employers/spouse taxes in Marriage based/location and legitimate in religious based visas etc..... I think in lot of cases previous phone numbers may be changed or added some numbers to existing ones or some times company may be out of business (in dot com bubble) or changed the name of university/schools etc....in this case they could not find exact scenario since they will not able to communicate with them and need to do field investigation.....ofcourse they don't have much work force to do field investigation on lots of scenarios....

May be that is the reason, few guys will get out of "XXXX Review" in few weeks/months/years depends on officer's communication length on their requests....

Sometimes they might not request anything, but keep file somewhere inactively and keep working on some other files actively......

I'm just sharing my thoughts.....Ignore if you don't see any reason....

What ever the reason my file got picked up for Extended Review. That is bad luck and I see 1-2% of these review cases like this. I am sure no one can help us to expedite the case based on the small percentage.

I understand that it may take years but hopefully it will come to the end soon. My PD never been current for a long time after July 2005 except in June/July 2007.

Good news is (I am hoping) received 3rd FP notice for spouse scheduled on July 16th.

I gave my 3rd FP in July 2007 and requesting (asking IIO at NSC) for spouse's FP since then. They said will send it whenever they need. Second FP for spouse done in April 2006.

At least for now, we are planning to apply for 4th EAD by July end and hoping to get it for 2 years if they approve it before October 2008 or my PD current.