Those who got approved recently...

sammau_2005

Registered Users (C)
I got an email from CSC DIV XII that my 485 got approved on the 26th. My online status hasn't changed yet. Also, I haven't got the approval notices by email. Any one in the same boat ? any ideas ?

Hi Sammau
Whats the email you contacted?
What info I need to give them? (Just receipt no? )

thanks
babu

To Sam

yes, CIS always did that. There was somebody like you here before. Just wait you approval notice and see.

In the past, my EAD was approval but never email change nor approval notice(I knew that since my wife EAD was approved). Suddenly, message changed to EAD card mailed then changed back to EAD approval. when real EAD card received, i found postmark date was the EAD approval date.

I guess CSC approved my case but forget update their system(it did delay approval notice and EAD) but they figured it our later. It's EAD, I didn't push CSC since I have H1 all times with me. Ended up I received EAD card without approval notice.

In your case, you might need push them every 10 days until you receive your notice or GC.

sbabunle: the email address is CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov
I should include my receipt number, name, birthday at least. Good luck!

Sammau_2005, we are on the same boat.

On September 28, we inquired and got an email from CSC XII, saying that "both sent to be ajudicated". No update since then, LUD changed Sep 29, Sep 30, due to the inquiry. On Oct 3, we inquired and got an email from CSC XII, saying that "both approved", didn't mention when our cases were approved. But online status haven't changed yet. We got biometrics code 3 letter on Sep 26 too and will go to ASC this week. Since there is no approval email and online status doesnot change, we just donot know whether we can trust the officer's email and relax from now?

BTW, our name check results were also on the Jult 28 boat as several people here.

My status changed a few hours ago stating that the case has been approved and a card has been ordered :). My spouse is still stuck :( as her name check was only approved on the 28th of September while mine was approved on the 11th of September. We went for early biometric fingerprinting last week.

xljjlx said:
Sammau_2005, we are on the same boat.

On September 28, we inquired and got an email from CSC XII, saying that "both sent to be ajudicated". No update since then, LUD changed Sep 29, Sep 30, due to the inquiry. On Oct 3, we inquired and got an email from CSC XII, saying that "both approved", didn't mention when our cases were approved. But online status haven't changed yet. We got biometrics code 3 letter on Sep 26 too and will go to ASC this week. Since there is no approval email and online status doesnot change, we just donot know whether we can trust the officer's email and relax from now?

BTW, our name check results were also on the Jult 28 boat as several people here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust James Williams email.....he doesn;'t tell anything without proof.....then he will be in big trouble.
so xljjlx relax and have a beer....

Guys, Just today I consult with Immigation Lawyer, per him, if you have already applied for I485 (7 Months back in my case) then you already got A# assigned to you...in that case retro will not impact you....

I'm bit confuse with retro. Is Visa # = A# ???

got A# when I applied I485, EAD and AP...all together...and I believe its gonna be the same A# on our Green Cards...its your future GC#. So whats the Visa #.....why a person on EAD would need Visa no if he is already in 485 phase for last 7-8 months.
I think whovever has already applied for I485...they are safe...retro is for new 485 applicants...Right !!!

InderPaul
PD:10/2001
I140 AD:02/05
485 RD :03/05
LUD : 8/8/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05

InderPaul said:
Guys, Just today I consult with Immigation Lawyer, per him, if you have already applied for I485 (7 Months back in my case) then you already got A# assigned to you...in that case retro will not impact you....

I'm bit confuse with retro. Is Visa # = A# ???

got A# when I applied I485, EAD and AP...all together...and I believe its gonna be the same A# on our Green Cards...its your future GC#. So whats the Visa #.....why a person on EAD would need Visa no if he is already in 485 phase for last 7-8 months.
I think whovever has already applied for I485...they are safe...retro is for new 485 applicants...Right !!!

InderPaul
PD:10/2001
I140 AD:02/05
485 RD :03/05
LUD : 8/8/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05

I don't think so!
The A# is just a number. I think it has nothing to do with the visa (green card) number, but I am not 100% sure.
In any case, your 485 can be approved ONLY if your PD (priority date) is current, no matter whether you filed 485 7 months ago or 7 days ago.
If your attorney still insists that the retrogression will not impact already filed 485, it would be great if he/she could tell you where that information is coming from.
Personally, I have hard time believing it!

Hi InderPaul, I don't believe that's true. I recall my attorneys(pretty popular law firm) clearly mentioning that "visa numbers are reqd at the time of adjudication. I think every A# would still correlate with a particular Visa#. That's why retro would impact a pending 485 application...

-Kandadude.

visa number

To my understanding, A# will be your gc number. But visa number is just used to control the number of gc issued every year by DOS, you won't get an actual visa number. So retrogess will affect everybody indeed.

My case was also approved during the weekend. The weird thing is that I got an email saying card order is completed today, I am confused, I know passport stamping is not needed to get the card, but where do they get the photos from, I didn't get any letter for biometrics, and my fingerprinting was more than half a year ago, thanks,

Hi sammau_2005,
My 485 got approved on Sep'08 and i didn't get the approval notice as of yet.
Thanks

Please post your details such as EB2 center and dates etc

sammau_2005 said:
I got an email from CSC DIV XII that my 485 got approved on the 26th. My online status hasn't changed yet. Also, I haven't got the approval notices by email. Any one in the same boat ? any ideas ?

Here are the details:
CSC EB2 - Prority date April 2002.
Received my approval notice today. I had gone for biometric ( had got notices for that ) 10 days ago. Online Status says card mailed.