Those Filing I-765 or waiting for approval please read

EADSTUCK

Registered Users (C)
I E-filed for the renewal of my EAD on 21st Nov 2006.

RD: 22nd Nov 2006
Biometrics done: 6th Dec 2006

My current EAD expires on Friday 1/26. My HR Department said I have to go on the leave of absense. I have a wife and kid to support so I went to the local senator office and send several expedite requests to NSC which have totally been ignored.

Finally, I get a call from the Senator's office stating they spoke to the immigration officer and he said there is no way INS can expedite the request if the case is under normal processing time. Also, there is no gurantee when it will get approved and NBC has a huge backlog of pending I-765s.

So at this point I have no option left but to wait till 90 days and even after that who knows what will happen.

This is so messed up. Those filing for EAD application please make sure that you file at the right service center and stay on top of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard exactly the same thing from my congresswoman's liaison. They said that the 90 days is not a requirement and that it may be another two weeks before I get my EAD. She also told me that they are still working on 10/30 which I find very hard to believe as they were supposedly working on 10/30 when they updated the processing dates on 1/17.

Has anyone here had their EAD approved with a receipt date after 10/30. I think there are but would be very interested to know for sure.

I think there are

people who got their EAD approved at NSC with RD of November. It is just luck...you never know...

EADSTUCK,
I applied for my EAD renewal on Nov. 7th and I have noticed on my online profile with USCIS.GOV that the LUD is 12/31/2006... Pleaes keep me posted as to what happened to ur case...and I will keep u posted.

For those who are expert, the last LUD for Missouri support center is Jan. 17th and processing now cases received by Oct. 30th. Do you think mine is about to be coming home :)

Please advise

Thank you

It should be approved soon

Did you try calling 1800 number ? If your case requires urgent attention you can also try making an infopass appointment to the loacal office. I have made one for Monday the 29th. I know it is not going to do much but I am still going to go ahead and annoy the crap out of them.

My spouse's EAD got approved today. It was not a renewal but first time EAD application.

I applied online for her on Nov 11 /2006

jimothy said:
I just heard exactly the same thing from my congresswoman's liaison. They said that the 90 days is not a requirement and that it may be another two weeks before I get my EAD. She also told me that they are still working on 10/30 which I find very hard to believe as they were supposedly working on 10/30 when they updated the processing dates on 1/17.

Has anyone here had their EAD approved with a receipt date after 10/30. I think there are but would be very interested to know for sure.

Thanks for letting us know

bigbang2001,

Congrats and thank you for sharing the good news. It gives us hope at least if not EAD. :)

thanks bigbang, was that application handled through the National Benefits Center? If you had a receipt number starting MSC then it was.

Thanks

I had filed on october 30,my 4th EAD renewal and had an RFE with respect to photographs from NSC. I replied on Jan 17 and still awaiting for approval.My EAD expires Jan 30. Can anybody tell how to expedite the request ?Also even if they approve ,lets say Feb 5th,Will the EAD be effective from the date of last expiration of the EAD ?

girishb said:
Also even if they approve ,lets say Feb 5th,Will the EAD be effective from the date of last expiration of the EAD ?

The answer is no. I think they will issue it from the date the ordered it... so if you stay without a job/EAD for a while... it will be sometimes worth it to get it fresh from a newer date... otherwise it will be frustrating.

Good luck

If photos are considered an initial piece of evidence for an EAD which I think they usually are then the 90 day clock is officially restarted as soon as they receive the photos. Did they ask for photos with your original application? Did you efile or paperfile?