This year J2 visas are in a worse situation than last year

j2suffering

Hello:

I just wanted to share my experience and ask a simple question.

My experience:

General situation:
Spouse: J1, renewed every year for 1 year... a total years from 3 to 5 years.
Me: J2. Applying for an EAD each year.

Year 2006:
Applying for EAD at the beginning of February. Everything done correct, no extra evidence required.
Getting the EAD at the end of September. That is nearly 8 months of waiting for an EAD of 1 year duration.

In May (3 months after February) I got a interim EAD in my local office. In a day. I went there, and they gave it to me. So I could work from May.

Year 2007:

Applying for the renewal of the EAD in October. Extra evidence required but not important enough to delay the process as my local office told me.
3 months after that (January), no EAD, my local office tell me that they don't give interim EADs anymore but I should get one. But they will send an email to my area office (Vermont) so that they can issue it to me.

1 month later, without getting the interim EAD or the final EAD, I go again to my local office. They say again that I should get that so they send another email (or phone or whatever they do) to the Vermont office.

Some days later, today, still waiting for the EAD...

So the situation is:

-In the uscis phone they give me referral numbers (I'm with the second one at this time) and tell me to wait. The same as last year (I've got that experience)... so, again 8 months????

-In my local office they say they cannot do anything apart of sending emails to the Vermont office.

Is there anything else to do apart of waiting and lose more than 3.000$ per month because I cannot work?

Is there a way to protest to somebody that last year's system was much better than this year's one?

Thank you!

Regards

p.s.- Although it's true, I can do what the supervisor in the uscis phone told me... "Hey, you're a J2... you don't need to work... you're the last in the queue... first we deal with asylum and things like that, and the last ones are the J2s". I'm not inventing this... he told this... isn't it nice?