This week is kind of slow for approvals.

company1

Registered Users (C)
Looks like after the infamous student visa extensions to Sept. 11 pilots, there are less I-485 approvals per week from INS.

company1,

I don\'t think so, since Feb the average on this board has always been around 40-50 approvals/week. so far for this week, we\'ve had about 26 for three days, I\'m sure when people check their AVM tonight, the number will go to 35 and by sunday it will reach 40 to 50

I don\'t think the visa for terrorists snafu has any bearing on current I-485 processing

I agree with Dee Rod

INS is a big giant and cannot make major changes in a few days.

No individual officer can decide things on his own. However they may have been told to check and scrutinize more carefully

Also student visas there are no background check/fbi check

But for green card I-485 there is already a process to check carefully by doing fp and background check.

Probably people putting fake posters got approved lately

and they have taken vacation from this board. They might be back after partying, who knows, if really suffering much mentally like that dosa guy who created riots on this board.

Glad that dosa guy got approved and therefore might have slowed down or stopped fake posters.
Just another speculation!

Rakesh, you just might be right. Anything is possible...

But, like an earlier poster pointed out we have close to 30 approvals this week already. I am sure we will make the benchmark of 40-50 approvals before the week is out. Also, 1 slow week is possible but if the next week or 2 is slow also, your guess would have been a very good one in hindsight. :)