This was the day!!!!

gigaman

Registered Users (C)
I got it, I got, I got, I got, I got it, I got, I got, I got!!!
FINALLY, I still cannot believe it.
it's been so long, i thought i'd never seen this thing called a Green Card.
so many trips to Boston, so many phone calls, fingerprints Appts.

545 days. I m sure a lot of you are or have waited much much longer.
but i COULDNT take it anymore. i was sick of coming home every day and checking the mailbox..... i have email notification on but even though the mailbox was last hope of the day... maybe for some magical reason they'll send it without updating my case online.

well one day it just happened... just like that! i got the email notification
the damn email i have been waiting for.

Please share the moment when you learned your case was approved..especially if you have been for so long like me.

I also would like to find more info on how to apply to Naturalization.
When ca I apply? what do i need? I am reading up on the Nat. Guide but i was just curious to hear from someone who has already gone through this.

About me :
Still Married to USC since 02/05
submitted I-485 and I-130 on 3/05
Interview 09/05
I485 Case Approved 7/07

545 days - and you say that is long ? be careful - else you might invite the wrath of a lot of people - there are people who have crossed 2000 days. My friend has already crossed 2500 days. So please feel blessed and dont say 545 is too long

Congrats anyways.

545 days from filing I-485

I think there may be only a handful of people waiting for longer than 1500 days AFTER filing I-485.

gigaman: Like july022007 said, count your blessing, thank the almighty, and enjoy your freedom. Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys! I still hits sometimes when driving that i just got my GC... i still hasnt set in yet.

for you who have been waiting for years and years... dont sit around and expect USCIS will look at your case .... years have gone by and they have done it a thing.. why would they do something this year! its no different than the previous one(s).
Write to your Senator, Representative, and Ombudsman. If they don't respond within 30 days (the above ..) write again, call, fax, email
Exhaust all methods... something's gotta give some day!
I did all of the above. I am not sure which one was able to kick the tires on my case because i emailed/sent mail to all of them at the same time. But i think my Rep. was the most helpful. After about 2 months of visiting his office, i had my GC!!
Good luck to all.

Congrats on your approval. I want to know couple of things from you. Did you apply GC by yourself or through employer.?

I want to know how these senators can help the GC case. Or how did you ask them? Did you ask them just giving your case number to be looked into?
Does that really work?

Any light is a hpoe.....

congratulations! I know how it feels at the end of the day to check the mail box and find just Junk mail !

Please share the information about how to contact the senators when a case is in trouble or forgotten!..

Married to a USC.
go this website and look for your Senators and Congressmen by state.
http://www.senate.gov/
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

I first emailed both of my senators and my district's Rep explaining how my case has been delayed for than years. I gave them my phone, address...

His secretary called me a week or so later. She wanted to setup an appt to further explain my issue
I took a copy of all receipts and my EAD. She faxed the office where my case was a copy of I-130 and I-485
she was very surprised the I-130 was still pending and said that most people who come to them for help usually wait a year or so to get an update on their case.
I left and she said to check back with her within 30 days.
after couple of weeks she called me saying the USCIS local office called her and said my name check is still pending and that it would take another 60 days (that would have been Sept ) for me to hear anything.
I was like here we go again, this is the same song i have been hearing for 2 years now. ....
and one day (before the 60 days have elapsed) .... i just got the EMAIL!!!!! and it's history after that

bottom line, you have the right to know what's going on with your case if it's delayed for no apparent reason.
Your taxmoney pays your congressman and senators to represent you...

keep bugging them, don't only call but send them mail, fax, email
someone have look at your case someday...