This SUCKS! SUCKS!

kalkot

Registered Users (C)
After waiting for almost a year, I end up with RFE. this really sucks! Atleast I hope other july filers will not end up like me.
Here are my details
RD : 07/20/01
ND: 09/04/01
FP;04/08/02
RFE:07/09/02...Just heard it on AVM.So, I don't know the details yet.

One good thing I did was, I applied for my EAD renewal during May last week and got new EAD last saturday. So I don't have to be nervous if INS will approve 485 before my first EAD expires 09/05.

That's really sad

It's horrible to be delayed and then wait for another few months for RFE. Hope you will be approved soon.
What's your RFE anyway?

kalkot

kalkot...
You are the one whose application was on the backshelf.
You also made a scary prediction back in May that you are afraid of getting an RFE after two months. I'm sorry to hear that your nightmare came true. I'm also scared my RD 7/18 and ND 9/4.
My case is with office but I don't know what that officer will do.
I'm praying he/she just approves it wihtout being a pain in the a**. what is your RFE for anyway?

RFE-->Pain in the A

Rfe generally is for Employment letter and pay stubs.
in some cases it is also for medical, dr. not signing papers
lots of reasons.

Best way to go this way is to wait for the RFE read it and then respond it.

Hey according to your post it took you almost 2 Months to get RFE renewal is that a true inference of your statement.

Please let me know.

Re: kalkot

Originally posted by freaked
kalkot...
You are the one whose application was on the backshelf.
You also made a scary prediction back in May that you are afraid of getting an RFE after two months. I'm sorry to hear that your nightmare came true. I'm also scared my RD 7/18 and ND 9/4.
My case is with office but I don't know what that officer will do.
I'm praying he/she just approves it wihtout being a pain in the a**. what is your RFE for anyway?

Yeah. My Case was on the backlog shelf back in May. It is bad luck that nightmare became true. Pray to God that it should not happen to you. I don't know what is the RFE about. I will post a message when I come to know.
Good luck to you!

my_GC, you said the RFE can be for:
"PAYSTUBS, MEDICALS etc."

I don't understand why paystubs are required. I understand that GC is for the future job, and I may be out of job now. As long as I can present the employment letter for the future job upon apporval of 485, I should be eligible to get the approval.

Can someone please share the thoughts?

Usually Paystubs ares asked so they can verify
that u have a legitimate job and your address
can be verified. Given the current economic condition
and the fact ur case is employment based.
I got a Paybstub, W2, tax return
RFE, I think because It was nearly a year since
I filed and I stay in Illinois while my case
was filed in Vermont and my company is in PA.
One more hoop for us jump through.
Don't worry RFE cases get approved within 2wks
after they get your response.

Tax return?

Hey GC_milgayi.

I am afraid that I may get a tax return RFE. I have send them the computerised transcript of my taxreturns from the local IRS office not the actual 1040s.

Should I get the 1040s now from IRS. or I should not be worried.

Please advise GC_milgali. My RD date for 485 is in JAN2001.

Thanks in advance for your advice

Hi GC_milgayi: Thanks for the post. I have a follow up question on paystub RFE. What if somebody does not have a paystub, but has a proof of address (like utility bill, rent receipts etc.) Is it ok?

Also, do they just need paystub from ANY employer? It may be that somebody is working for co. B on EAD or H-1, while 485 was sponsored by co. A.

To kalkot

Hello Kalkot, what is the procedure to get the EAD renewed? I also got a RFE on May 20th, 2002 and responded on June 1st 2002. RFE was issued for both my wife and me for BIRTH CERTIFICATES. We used certificates issued by Indian consulate General from NY (screw my lawyer on that) that was his idea.
My case details are as follows:
EB-2, PD Oct 1997
RFE received by INS June 1st 2002
RD July 5th 2001

If you could psot info as to how to renew EAD, that would be of great help. MY EAD expires on Aug 22, 2002. Just don't want to take chances.

Re: To kalkot

Originally posted by law2001
Hello Kalkot, what is the procedure to get the EAD renewed? I also got a RFE on May 20th, 2002 and responded on June 1st 2002. RFE was issued for both my wife and me for BIRTH CERTIFICATES. We used certificates issued by Indian consulate General from NY (screw my lawyer on that) that was his idea.
My case details are as follows:
EB-2, PD Oct 1997
RFE received by INS June 1st 2002
RD July 5th 2001

If you could psot info as to how to renew EAD, that would be of great help. MY EAD expires on Aug 22, 2002. Just don't want to take chances.

Hi Law2000,
Somebody on this forum gave me a link to some immigration site which had fillable pdf application. Do a search on "EAD form". you must be able to find the link.
I filled the form and sent it to vermont service centre along with the following.
1) 2 photos
2) fee as mentioned in the instruction
3) photocopy of 485-reciept
4) photocopy of current EAD card
5) tear-off slip from the original EAD mail. Did you save the original mail when you got your first EAD??

Does this help you??? If you need any help while fillingout, please let me know.

Subash

It Sucks!!!!!

Yesterday, I post that I call IIO and got a estimate date of 12mon and 18month, and today, I got RFE!!!!

My godness, but anyway, there's still progress, and more luckily I still have work. But what I want to say is INS is really Suck!!!!!

And another question because I file tax return using computer copies, can I print another copy and send it for RFE?

If u are in boston area, u can go to Boston service center and u will get ur EAD renewal in the same day