This saga ends!

sai-2367

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I received my green card today in two months from the date of approval. I want to take this opportunity to thank each one of you, who participated in this forum for their dedication and encouraging comments in tough times. You all were simply great!!!
As I say goodbye to you, I promise you of keeping you in my prayer and hopefully you all will see speedy approval soon.
Hats off to Rajiv and the moderators for having this great forum in place.

Approved:- 8/21
PS:- 8/29
CO:- 10/14
CM:- 10/20
CR: 10/21

Best Regards

Originally posted by vcpat
By the way who orders the card.
Is that we have to order or BCIS orders that for us?

When you get your stamping in your passport, the BCIS will order the card. There were some discussions in this site about whether the stamping should be done to get the card, but in my opinion and experience, the approved applicant should get the stamping done in order to get the card.

congratulations!

as another reply said, you've been very helpful for all of us, thank you very much and good luck for you new life.

Originally posted by Raj Chandra
When you get your stamping in your passport, the BCIS will order the card. There were some discussions in this site about whether the stamping should be done to get the card, but in my opinion and experience, the approved applicant should get the stamping done in order to get the card.
Yes, stamping is required since it is at that time you are fingerprinted again and this fingerprint appears on the actual card. The stamp (and later the card) is the ONLY proof that you have been admitted as permanent resident.